By J2Metal
Hey everyone i just wired and fished my first pack. I did not wire the hat light or button on the wand tip for now though (they are there but are non-functioning) and i have gone though the site and seen how people did it and am confident i can pull it off but i had a few questions:

Every push button switch i have seen seems way too deep for the ear i have on my pack. Is this common for people? Is there a certain switch people use that has less of a depth?

When you wire it up, do you leave the bottom of the switch and light exposed? if not what do you use to cover it up? I have seen a lot of examples of wiring during builds, but not a lot of pictures of the underside of the "ear" after its completed. Just curious what others have done.

Thanks!
By Lowberg
It's okay that it's too deep. They were deeper than the ear on the real packs, and they covered the ear with 3/4" Heat Shrink tubing. The main wires come out of the heat shrink tubing and into a tunnel in the grip.

Photos of the real packs. You can see how the switches are bulging out of the bottom a bit:

Hope this helps!
J2Metal liked this
By evlares
The switch on mine does stick out the bottom, but it's all covered by heat shrink. I wired the button to play the ghostbusters song when pressed...that way I can let kids press the button, and they get a kick out of the song!!
J2Metal liked this
By J2Metal
Thanks everyone! I thought i needed some special switch or something. I saw the Spengler reference photos in the reference section but couldn't tell what was going on because there was only a front view, but 2 that you posted i don't think were on there and cleared it up. I at first thought they just put epoxy putty or something on it but that would make repairs nearly impossible without tons of destructive work.

After Halloween (don't want to mess with stuff too much with only days to go) I'm going to rebuild my wand, fix some things i think could be better and definitely wire this up so thanks for your help!

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]