By armysgt1
Hey guys I ordered a new wand tip light to replace the RGB led on my gbfans board. I unplugged the 4 pin connector and have tried connecting the positive and negative of the led to every combination of connections in that 4 pin connection on the board. The led lights up bright as hell when I connect it to the +V and GND connectors to the right of the 4 pin so I know it's not the led. I think spongeface's led is a direct swap. Does anybody know where the pos and neg of the led goes to what connection on the 4 pin? Maybe somebody has a pic of the wires or something? Thanks!
That looks pretty awesome. The board has a voltage regulator built into it. If you look at the LED, it should have a long and short lead. The long one is your positive. As far as replacing the RGB LED, I don't know, but you should definitely be able to run it off the aux terminals on the board, but make sure to have the appropriate dip switches turned on
Yeah I've tried setting it off with the aux hookups as the flash bulb and the correct dip switches. It doesn't light up. I know what leads are pos and neg on the led. I just figured I could find what connections on the 5 pin are pos and neg assuming the colored wires all are positives for their respective color and the black is negative. Maybe I need to wire the pos of the led to two positive connections on the 5 pin? I'm completely lost.
I don't think the those terminals supply 12v so I think your LED is not getting enough forward voltage.
An LED will not light until a certain minimum voltage is reached. The 12v LED you have may have a forward voltage of < 9v but > whatever voltage the board supplies. I recommend you send Spongeface a PM and ask what voltage the pins are supplying.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]