I am putting the final touches on my hero pack build and I am having some issue with the split loom. The originals used split loom and they look fairly good. Does anybody have any tips or tricks to make it look nice and clean cause as of right now it looks pretty bad. Also just want to make a point I know the site has non-split loom unfortunately that won't work with the cabling I am using between the thrower and pack. Let me know what you guys think. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Can you elaborate more on what "pretty bad" means? Are you talking about how the split looks, or the surface of the tubing? Is it dirty, scratched, etc?

If you mean the split itself looks bad, consider using black zip ties every foot or so to help it hold its shape. I know there are occasional zip ties on the originals.

Also, you could go with splitless loom, and just slice it where you need to help the get cables get through...

Good luck!

Bill
The loom is clean. I meant the the splitting I was using electrical tape instead of zip ties because I was pretty sure that's what they used originally. If I split the solid loom where I need to get the cables through it would be split loom at that point because the connector on the cables is to large to go through the loom. I am using the gbfans wand light kit so that cable has a large connector on both ends.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification. What about cutting the electrical cable and splicing it back together, so that you don't have to feed that large connector through?

Or, what about using slightly larger splitless loom? This is the one I went with, which is a touch larger, but I bet your connector will fit through:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20mm-x-15mm-Fle ... iw&vxp=mtr

I was very happy with this loom, and it is a little bit bigger. 15mm is the ID and 20mm is the OD. You should be able to measure the outside width of your cable connector and see if that works for you.

One warning: That loom on eBay did come in two pieces (not one 2.3m length), but one of those pieces was long enough for me to use as a whole hose attachment between pack and thrower.

Good luck!

Bill
Thanks for the info man I appreciate it. I will check that out. I also went to Ace hardware last night and bought new split loom thinking mine since it has been all mangled up in a box for 4 years might be some of the issue. When I went to buy it the split loom I had was extremely thin stuff and very cheap compared to what I got from Ace it was thicker and more structurally sound so I am hoping that will really help also picked up some really tiny black zip ties to try your idea. Thanks man I really appreciate it.
Looking good. At first I was like something is missing and realized it was the stickers/labels. That then reminded me that I need to bother my friend who said he would print me some labels.

Figuring out the pack to wand wiring is one of my last hurdles I havn't tackled yet. How long is the distance from you wand to pack. People seemed to be saying 4-5'

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]