Hey Everyone,

I've been mostly a lurker on the boards, but I joined many moons ago to show my Proton pack made from a saw box. Everyone was very kind. Now all these years later and I purchased my first Proton pack on Ebay. I had purchased a pack shell with the intent of going all out, but the deal I got on ebay was pretty good and the time I saved myself in the process is priceless,haha. 370 for this pack.......

Well, I got it and was very disappointed in the shape it came in and the packaging.......

I mean who ships something full of resin and acrylic parts in a weak carboard box filled with plastic shopping bags......but anyway. The Neutrino wand was shot, but I salvaged all of the parts and will add them to a 3d printed gun box. Pics of that are coming soon. I did however open the motherboard to see what I was working with inside, and it came with a PropForge V1 Lighting kit that actually still works on a 9V battery.

I dont see myself having a problem gluing or screwing in the parts that are broken or have fallen off. The Gun did have all the switches wired up, but I have no clue what they would attach to(obviously a new lighting kit, but which one? I'll post pics later(im at work), and hopefully someone could help me in deciding if just adding my matty thrower to the pack would be better then trying to figure out that mess. Would I be able to add the sound board kit/lighting kit that attaches to the Matty Gun to the Propforge V1?

Thanks for your help everyone!
Looking at the pack at first glance, yeah it's rough. Don't be discouraged, though. You have all the parts, and at that price including electronics you got a good deal.

For damage control, my first focus would be reattaching the outer parts of the cyclotron, getting a black hose from the pack to the wand, and getting rid of whatever is going on with the N filter. I think this pack is a good example of over-weathering, so you might want to go back over some parts with flat black. This also includes the gearbox since it looks kinda shiny.

Using your Matty thrower might be a good option if the other one is completely destroyed, but if you do you might see an obvious quality difference. What's your plan for this pack?

If it's okay getting a little beat up, which I would go for if I had this pack, make sure you secure everything that's loose, and add some extra to the parts that haven't fallen off yet. Maybe tighten up that ribbon cable, too.

Overall, there's no need for buyer's remorse here, just some fixing. This is a good reason to stay away from eBay with things like this.
Kingpin wrote:What was the name of the eBay seller? How long ago did you buy that Pack?
The ebay sellers name was casualgameguy, he told me that he would not accept any returns as he liste the item as is, but in the listing he said nothing about all of the damage the pack has taken. I tried to get him to refund me only a small portion of the sale so that the refund money I could put back into the pack, but he wouldnt budge. I then asked ebay to get involved, they sided with me, but the only option I had was to return it. So I decided to forgo the option and decided to keep it and try to return it to good visual shape.
Raktageno wrote:Looking at the pack at first glance, yeah it's rough. Don't be discouraged, though. You have all the parts, and at that price including electronics you got a good deal.

For damage control, my first focus would be reattaching the outer parts of the cyclotron, getting a black hose from the pack to the wand, and getting rid of whatever is going on with the N filter. I think this pack is a good example of over-weathering, so you might want to go back over some parts with flat black. This also includes the gearbox since it looks kinda shiny.

Using your Matty thrower might be a good option if the other one is completely destroyed, but if you do you might see an obvious quality difference. What's your plan for this pack?

If it's okay getting a little beat up, which I would go for if I had this pack, make sure you secure everything that's loose, and add some extra to the parts that haven't fallen off yet. Maybe tighten up that ribbon cable, too.

Overall, there's no need for buyer's remorse here, just some fixing. This is a good reason to stay away from eBay with things like this.
Here she is with most of the parts better secured and with the lights returned back to their rightfull spots.

https://youtu.be/rVN9rOP150I

I have to buy a frosted blue lense for the powercell lights, get a different colored loom, and then decide what I want to do about the N filter(keep it as is or trash it for something more accurate.) The gun box was destroyed, but all of the parts were salvageable, like the clippard valve, heat sink, etc....I can make a new gun box by 3d printing one, so thats the plan, im going with for now. Maybe adding the matty soundboard and a speaker if I go the route of the matty wand.

This will just be for halloween parties, friends kids birthdays, maybe a con, I feel much more confident about being seen with my proton pack now with this one then my old saw box version,haha. Thank you for all your insight Raktageno, I appreciate you taking the time.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]