Hey guys,

Newbie here and as such, sorry for the potential repeat of a question...

I've been having a bit of a hard time figuring out which electronics kits to get from GBFans to go with the Ben Of Kent pack kit I'll be getting. Most of the builds I've looked through have updates like "here is this part with all the electronics installed..." which is great, but WHAT ELECTRONICS?!!? LOL

So I've been looking through the kits in the Shop. It seems to me like all I'll need is a battery, the wand kit, the pack lighting kit, the light kit adaptor board, the amplified sound board, a speaker and a few ribbon cables. Is this right? Sorry again if this has been asked before, I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks!
Thank you for that confirmation, Mr. Swagger.

I was looking at some YouTube videos of the kits and I think I've figured out how it all goes together; obviously the ribbon cables would run from the soundboard to the two lighting kits and wire the lighting kits according to their own instructions. Then have the speaker wired to the soundboard.

For turning the pack on/off, I've got a few questions:

1) Is a dedicated master power switch necessary?

2) If I want to do it from the wand, should the battery pack be wired to the power inputs on the soundboard or the wand kit? If it goes to the wand kit, are the ribbon cables able to handle all the current running to the soundboard and onto the speakers and lights?

3) If I want to have an on/off/volume control knob built-in to the grey/black knob at the top centre of the pack, the hot from the battery would go to the switch, then the switch's on/off goes to the power input, the volume goes to the POT on the soundboard, then I'd run a ground wire from the pot to the power's return then wire the battery's return?

Thanks for the help!
I had this same problem when I started my pack last year. I didn't know how to wire but I did want a pack that did lights and sounds without being super complicated. I ran across this guys site and his kit is great.
http://rabidprototypes.com/product/positron-kit/
I have this in my pack and it was pretty easy to set up. He doesn't have much in the way of instructions but it was still pretty easy.
The only thing you need to buy that it didn't come with is a speaker and battery, and he gives recommendations on both.
1. Well he does sell the kit with a master switch that you can get with it. But you don't need to have one. It will just make it so that once you turn on your battery it will be on.

2. I don't believe you can turn his kit on just from the wand. But as an advantage to his kit he uses a cat5 cable instead of a ribbon cable.

3. His kit comes with a volume knob and a place to plug it into on the board. The wires for it aren't very long but you could splice them and make it long enough to place the knob wherever you want.
manonarock wrote:How does this kit compare to the GBFans sound board and light kit? I've seen so many recommendations for GBFans but never seen this guys kit before and for $250 it's pricier!
I've never used the gbfans soundboard and light kit before so I don't know the differences between the two.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]