By DarkSpectre
Hey guys.

I recently took a reboot commission on and I'm working with arduino and Neopixels. Unforunately I'm new to both of them and cannot for the life of me figure out the code. (I don't have C++ training) It seems like I get an error ever time I try to verify the code. I used a code that I found here in one of the reboot pack builds but I get a bunch of errors when I got to upload and verify. What am I doing wrong? Or should I just stick with what I know and just buy a 10 LED chaser from Bakatronics and call it a day?
By Styrofoam_Guy
Unfortunately there can be quite a few reasons for the errors.

If you know the code is correct and you are getting errors here are a few reasons.

1. You have the correct driver for your arduino chip
2. The arduino chip you have is a knockoff and you need to find the driver for that chip
3. You have to make sure that the correct port (USB or COM) is chosen
4. You have the correct chip chosen (ie Nano, Mega, Mini etc)
5. The correct processor is chosen (ATmega328/168)

I suggest find some simple code that you know works (blinking LED) Once you get that working you can then play with the code for the Neopixels.

Every so often I found that if the program doesn't upload to the chip if I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in the program will upload. I don't know why that is but every so often I will have that problem.

Arduino are frustrating when they do not work but loads of fun when they do.
By deejeerie
Depending on what system you are using, you may need to go back to an earlier version of Arduino. I have heard that the most recent versions work well on tablets and Windows 10, but Windows 7 needs an earlier version. I unfortunately can not accurately tell you what version is compatible. I still need to work the bugs out on my computers. (I got very frustrated so I put it aside for a little while and worked on some other art projects.)
By xoff00
Try uploading one of the simple sample sketches in the Arduino IDE (blink the perennial favorite) -- if that loads, it's the code you have. If it doesn't (I suspect this) it's the arduino connection itself. Follow the above troubleshooting and google around for troubleshooting guides. One thing -- make sure you're using the right USB drivers, and you've rebooted after installing them!
By xyster101
If it fails when you verify then you have something written wrong. The error window may tell you what line, it might also tell you a line that is no where near the bad code.
Just a capital letter not right or a ";" in the wrong spot will error. I used to forget the "{" all the time.
Post you code here so we can look at it. You can upload it to the arduino web editor and share a link to it.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]