By Braz
So, I don't know if anybody had this idea before. I tried to find a similar topic in the forum, but nothing came up.
Obviously, everybody here either has a Proton Pack or wants to make one. Now, with GBFANS shop, this idea might work even better.

What I thought of was...what if one of the great prop builders who already went through the process of building a Proton Pack and had great success, hosted a 4(???) day workshop build? If it works, it could be a workshop held once a year, and it would be ideal for newbies or members who haven't built their own packs yet. The veteran prop builder would go through an entire build with a (limited) number of people. It would be a great way to meet other GBFANS and build the pack together, helping each other out.

The parts could be bought at the GBFANS shop (I don't know if the shop has ALL the parts), and sent to wherever the event would take place. Also, the veteran prop builder would have to be approved by the community's moderators/founders as an honest and reliable person. Maybe someone they have known for a while.

I would imagine that if the workshop was held during the summer, it would be easier to go to for some people. If there was a group that flew in, they would stay at the same hotel, which would probably be cheaper. One of the challenges would be finding a space, or real workshop, to rent.

Anyway, it was just an idea. As a newbie, it would be something that would really interest me. But I'll wait on the community's veterans comments to say if it's something that could work, or if I'm way over my head here.
I think it's a cool idea but the logistics would be a challenge. The community is spread far-and-wide.
Braz liked this
By Cyberkorr
Cool idea. The logistics of getting a bunch of potential prop builders into the same physical room would be challenging. However, there is always the possibility of doing this via Skype or some similar video conferencing technology. That could potentially increase the interest of those who want to participate, but simply cannot be there in person.
Braz liked this
By Braz
Cyberkorr wrote:Cool idea. The logistics of getting a bunch of potential prop builders into the same physical room would be challenging. However, there is always the possibility of doing this via Skype or some similar video conferencing technology. That could potentially increase the interest of those who want to participate, but simply cannot be there in person.
Although it would be great to meet other GB fans in person, that seems like it would definitely be easier to do!
By Cyberkorr
Without a doubt having this group (or as many as could attend) in a single room to build a pack with would be amazing!!

I know for myself whom travel across the country is really not a option, Skype would be better. However...... Maybe a mix of both? If there were a group to get together, and someone had the tech to make it work, perhaps both in person and remote would be something we could make work?

Just thinking out of the box....
Braz liked this
By Braz
Cyberkorr wrote:Without a doubt having this group (or as many as could attend) in a single room to build a pack with would be amazing!!

I know for myself whom travel across the country is really not a option, Skype would be better. However...... Maybe a mix of both? If there were a group to get together, and someone had the tech to make it work, perhaps both in person and remote would be something we could make work?

Just thinking out of the box....
That's a great idea!
Let's see if this topic picks up steam and more members get involved.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]