They're supposed to be white. You place a blue lense (available for sale in the GBFANS shop) over the opening of the pack shell - making the lights appear blue.
Huh. That's weird. The kit I got from the shop last year had white LEDs too. I had assumed the blue colour came from the lense I used. Well I guess you could either swap them all out for blue LEDs or use a blue lense over the power cell opening. Were you going to use a clear lense?
The description for the light kit I see says this: "New for 2016. Surface Mount LEDs available in a warm white light to mimic the original incandescent lights more closely! New LED wire harness allows for replacing the cyclotron LEDs to be any color you choose. (Red is standard, other colors available from your local electronic supply store). "
Ah. I see what you're saying about the documentation link. Yeah, that is weird. You'll want to bring that up with AJ. There's definitely a contradiction in description here. But I think they're supposed to be white. It's an easy fix if you use the blue lense cover.
No worries! Best of luck on your build. If it makes you feel better, I think many of us have used a blue lense or gel to make the power cell light appear blue.
The old version of the GBFans pack light kit had blue LED's for the Power cell and red LED'S for the cyclotron. I used the kit in my Stantz build. The new version is warm white LED's, the documentation just hasn't been updated

For anyone interested in seeing some of the orig[…]

Did anyone watch it?

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]