By DarlieBrewster
Everything in this pack was completely scratch built except for some of the aluminum knobs I bought from here. The sound and light system, everything.I made the bargraph by hand. The goggles were the typical welding goggles but I built a wooden frame inside and surgically made my own custom version with JBWeld Steel. Then I grafted a microscope head on to the goggles. I was trying to keep the build to 200 dollars complete but it ended around 350 with the goggles and uniform . Yes, that is a B9 robot it is leaning on.

Lee FW, Kingpin, Hanotron and 4 others liked this
By DarlieBrewster
And parts that were too expensive or I couldn't find ones I liked like the wand tip or handles I designed in 3D and printed. IN fact a lot of parts are 3D printed.
By redfive1973
That is awesome!!! You used the JB Weld like bondo and built up the goggles?
By Issus
You put a greed LED in the googles? Doesnt it blind you or something?
By DarlieBrewster
First there are no photoshopped parts KIngpin. None. My budget for the googles was 5 dollars Glenn :) At the times frames were not plentiful and expensive. The base goggles costed me 5 dollars. Yes it was JB weld and JB plastic Steel which by the was is rock solid .
By DarlieBrewster
So this year I am changing out the bargraph which was hand made and worked, you need to see a photo of that . Modify the gun box , refine the wiring. The cable ribbon which I am making. It will have everything the original has. What I like about this vs the styrene , fiberglass or other packs is the sharpness of detail and the weight. The google head is all metal, the PP as weighty as the original.
By Etigo
What can I say? Expect "What Else?", and "WOW".
Awsome work!!! :-D
By Kingpin
DarlieBrewster wrote:First there are no photoshopped parts KIngpin. None.

I've been using Photoshop for over 13 years and editing photos in one form or another for even longer, I know what I'm taking about in this instance. :) (The extra hose from the Gear Box and the additional, weirdly angled and lit Gun Mount (as well as the strange artifacts on the Proton Gun) give the image maniuplation away. :)
feevrt liked this
By DarlieBrewster
My my my , aren't you the observant one.... only you are wrong. Completely wrong. So wrong you have given a new meaning to the word wrong. The weird angle of the gun was because of the way I made the mount stand off . The V hook on a stand off. As you will note the gun is slid down the hook and that is because 2 years ago I made the gun side with a metal brake and the metal fatigued. After the pictures I found a gun side Vhook strong enough to stay in one piece That gets changed on my redo but it is absolutely an unretouched. And that second hose leaning against the pack, That was the extra original hose that I changed out, it was unsplit and hard to bend. As you note it is not attached to anything so not a part of the pack. There is also a piece of electrical tape on the gun, don't let it lead you to believe Elvis is still alive.. 35 years of animation and photoshop. Anytime you need lessons let me know :) OOOoo snap!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0108268/
Last edited by DarlieBrewster on March 6th, 2018, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By likesjellydonuts
Not sure why you're lying.

If you zoom in, you can clearly see at the bottom right corner of the gearbox is cut, you can see the bottom of the gun mount box, and then another gun mount box growing out of it. The wire loom coming out of the vacuum tube is all jacked up around the edges.

A for effort. But you're losing credibility.
By DarlieBrewster
And yes, that was Obamas real birth certificate. Not understanding compression artifacts , which all jpegs have , kind of destroys your credibility. There are no martians landing.
By DarlieBrewster
And think to yourself.... she posts pictures of the build from beginning to end.....you really think that I need to photoshop ANYTHING? There is no BOARD or ARDUINO in that pack, it is all hand created, I have videos of me testing the optical relays,...... behind it stands a 7 ft B9, that I built and motorized. You REALLY think I need to FAKE a pack picture ? REALLY???? LOL! :) Experts! Right.

By Kingpin
I honestly don't know why the photoshopped image was photoshopped, or why you're going to such lengths to refute it when the visual evidence is so obvious... But I'll just impart the point that it wouldn't have mattered if the original photo (without the sloppy editing) had been posted, everyone would've been fine with it.
By DarlieBrewster
Kingpin you whined on about the gun angle and your "photoshop expertise" which had nothing to do with the hose you were pointing out. I didn't photoshop anything so if there is an anomaly I have no idea where it came from. The only one not fine with it is YOU! I've posted to show the pack is exactly as I said.
By Kingpin
You and I have extremely different interpretations of what constitutes "whining". Now, I'm willing to consider that you didn't photoshop the image yourself, but it is photoshopped. The Pack doesn't display the incongruities in other photos, but at this point it's academic.

You're welcome to continue posting your build progress, but I would strongly advise you cut out insulting the other members when they don't agree with your opinion over the photo.
By DarlieBrewster
Kingpin wrote:, but I would strongly advise you cut out insulting the other members when they don't agree with your opinion over the photo.
Wow. I didn't insult anyone. You have 1 photo out of 28 that exhibits some anomaly and when I say I didn't do it I get told I am lying. Excuse me me if that grates on me or if the other 27 other photos didn't back up that assumption. You were the ONLY ONE who mentioned it at all. If this was so unimportant you might not have mentioned it. The pack is exactly as stated. End of story.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]