By ccv66
I think that I used that on one of my earlier packs. If you use it by its self it comes out like sandpaper.. I think I used it as a light base then hammer over top. Came out OK. Ceiling texture is better.
By bishopdonmiguel
Depends on the product. The stone product I used provided a nice texture, although it did require a cure time and then some sanding to get it just right. But it's subjective so check out my build thread and judge for yourself.

I don't like the ceiling stuff because it doesn't dry "hard." It's basically dry powder and you need to coat it with sealer to protect it. The stone stuff dries hard and is very resilient, at least the product I used was.

Whatever you decide, good luck on your texture adventure.
By Chris Brewin
I have another pack texture question...

From a functional/realistic point of view, is the texture supposed to be the metal itself, or a finish on the metal? For example, is it textured because Ray and Egon got cheap metal that wasn't nicely smooth and then just painted it black? Or would the texture have been added later as some kind of insulation, or a way to increase surface area for some reason, or, or, or,...?

I plan to make my pack look like aluminum/steel then mask parts of it before adding the black to help with weathering. I ask because I'd like to know if I should be making the pack aluminium then adding the texture and blackness, or if I should make the pack with texture metal then add the black.

Thanks!
By bishopdonmiguel
I figure it is part of the "metal" as a result of whatever process was used to create it. Hadn't been finished or polished. The maker concerned with its practical purpose not esthetics.
Chris Brewin liked this
By machina28
I'm on my 5th pack build and experimented with different textures, and i gotta say the BEST and most durable by far as been the rustoleum truck bed liner.
This texture is much like the stone texture but tighter as you layer your passes. To boot, it is also satin black and is made weather resistant and handled under heavy load.

The wall texture stuff scratches easily and when it does it will show white, so your gonna have to constantly be touching that stuff up. (even if you clear coat it, trust me it will scratch all the same)

same goes with the stone texture. it will eventually rub a few stones off to expose it's brown color underneath along with the base color of whatever your pack is.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]