Hello guys and gals. Phoenix comicon is quickly approaching and my long overdue 2 year build is virtually complete. I know I will be walking all over the comicon and have been wondering what to do with my pack when attending panels etc. So after searching the internet I found some others that came up with some PVC stands and built my own stripped down portable version.

Please note my pack is only about 15lbs I know many others are into the 20lbs+ range. Depending on the weight and angle of your setup this may not work at all so be careful.

You can see the setup is just a 9-10" length of 1/2" PVC with t adapters on each end, total cost about $5. One t adapter has a slot cut into it that is slightly wider than the thickness of the alice pack internal T support.

2 of these cut to the right length do a good job of propping up my pack. You can see the painted/unpainted versions below.

Another angle from the side. It's a bit hard see because everything is black but you can get the idea of the angle the pack is resting at.

Picture of my completed pack resting on the stands. If I push enough I can definitely knock it down but short of walking into it it's not going anywhere. I am hoping that I can either attach the stands to my belt or throw them in a pocket when walking around the comicon.

If you wanted to make these more secure but less portable you could connect the bottom of the two pieces to form a square the rests on the floor. I may buy the extra pieces to do this for home use during Halloween etc.
Jonobiwan liked this

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]