Hi,

I've had a Studio Creations shell sat in my garage for a while now. I'd really like to get it together. Ideally for as little budget as possible so I'm happy to put the hours in, but I'm unsure on where to begin with what isn't already on the shell. The dimensions I hear are slightly smaller so I need to work on that.

I have access to a 3D printer so if I knew the size of parts I could work with files out there too.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Alan Hawkins in the resident guru when it comes to SC builds. Here is a link to his build, I think it'll come in handy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34312
ccv66 liked this
Nice part about budget packs, is you don't have to stress. I wouldn't worry about being 100% movie accurate. The only people who know the difference are on the forum. I have yet to meet someone in person who was critical. The average person is blown away if just lights up. I personally feel it would be best to get the Alice frame, motherboard and she'll mounted first. Considering aluminum motherboard may be the wrong size for your shell, just trace and cut one out of wood. Everything else is just detail work... If your happy with it, then it's perfect
Like others have said check out Alans thread for a great SC build. If you are pretty good with your 3D printer you can do the majority of wand/gun as well as a lot of the smaller pack parts.

If you take a look at my build you can see I did my own custom vacuum formed pack but the process for the SC shell should be very similar. I 3d printed a ton of parts (wand, ladder, clippard, knobs, ion arm, etc). The remainder was hardware store stuff (pvc pipe, brass elbows, etc). It doesn't have to be movie perfect and if you want one that is build it later. Since the SC is slightly smaller you may need a slightly customized motherboard and bumper, but you can just build/print your own for these.

I am assuming you have checked out thingiverse, there are a lot of good models there and I used/altered quite a few for my pack. I need to upload some of my remixes where I added more detail/alterations.

viewtopic.php?t=39403
ccv66 liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]