By DaneShobe
Something I don't believe I have seen here yet is a list of the most essential tools needed to build a proton pack. I've seen a lot of build threads, with people using a wide variety of tools, BUT-

As a first time builder, with absolutely no power tools and very limited experience with them in general, it would be very helpful to know what I'm going to be needing.

So, yea.

What are the MOST ESSENTIAL tools needed to build a pack/thrower?
By MrLithium
Jigsaw, maybe a scrollsaw or band saw. After that a drill with various bits. Screws and taps are a must.
If you can get yours hands on some CNC tools like laser cutter, water jet or 3D printers your life will be made 1000x easier.
Soldering iron, screw drivers, maybe a chisel.

Honestly it depends on how experienced you are at utilizing these tools. Everyone builds differently
By grogking
How are you planning on building? A scratch pack will need different tools than a shell pack. A lot depends on how much you plan to make yourself, and how much you will source. I have made a pack from foam board and eva foam that only needed a ruler, exacto knife, glue, paint and a drill.
By DaneShobe
Appreciating the tips, guys! As I've said, this will be my first foray into prop making. I've been following this forum for probably about a decade, and finally decided it was time. Been steadily amassing parts for the past couple months and I can not wait to finally make this dream a reality.
By Christof
I would suggest checking out how others have done it already. If you really can't figure it out from pictures and posts you can always write up a post asking how others went about theirs. I've also been working away on a Shell build and can tell you Demon Vice Commander is Right, if you plan on buying as many pre-fabricated parts you can, you really need a handy cordless drill and a step bit or two.
DaneShobe liked this
By DaneShobe
Thanks, gents!

I noticed no one has mentioned a rivet gun- I was under the impression that that would be something I would need?
By Christof
I don't know you necessarily need any particular fancy rivet gun, a hand riveter should do. The amount of rivets in the final build (Assuming you're going as hard towards screen-accurate as you can) is pretty minimal.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]