Hi all,

I'm new to the forums. I am in the process of 3D modeling my own proton pack for a full build eventually and I thought Stefan's plans were still the best ones available according to the site. I just saw another set of plans with STL files but it seems like they are not done? All I could find are some STL files but no actual plans like the ones stefan created.

1st Question, are stefan's plans still the best and/or accurate? So far I have used them to model the cyclotron, n-filter, and now the spacer.

2nd Question about his plans, Sheet 2 for the spacer... People in the forums have said the hoses that lead from the crank generator to the spacer and thrower to cyclotron are 3/4 inches in diameter. That sounds right, however.. Stefan's plans have the nozzle at the top of the spacer where the hose attaches showing as being a different measurement.

On one part, it gives the measurement of 30.2mm / 1.187" for the radius of the interior of that nozzle which doesn't make sense so I have to assume he meant diameter and not radius, considering the exterior of the actual nozzle shows a diameter of 31.8mm / 1.250 ". So assuming the first measurement is for diameter and not radius, the hose that would fit inside of this nozzle would be 1.187", well larger than 3/4 inches.

Either I'm missing something or the measurements are wrong and the diagram of that nozzle piece are also wrong compared to the scale of everything else.

Hoping someone can enlighten me here cause I'm sort of confused. :whatever:
Welcome to the forums Bluelight. I have been out of the game for a while but hopefully I can shed a little light onto your questions.

#1 Although there are no 100% accurate pack plans available to the public at this time, Stefan's plans have been widely considered to be some of the best at getting any new pack build in the right direction. The great reference section here on GBfans is equally important to any new project as the plans you are basing your project off of. The "reference" photos should be used as just that in conjunction the plans to help fill in some of those missing details or inconsistencies.

#2 The hose you are referring to is the 3/4" split loom. The loom fits into a 1.25" O.D. tube. The 1.187" radius measurement you are seeing is not for the tube itself but the radius for the top of the spacer itself. The point from where that radius begins is slightly higher then the center point of that vacuum tube. So in detail, you would measure up 1/8" from the center of the discs and tube and start your 1.187" radius from that point to make the round top of the actual spacer. Hopefully that makes sense.

#3 Back to the loom and vacuum tube. That tube is 1.25" OD and from memory would be 1.125" ID roughly. Considering 3/4" loom is generally .88" OD this would still leave some void between the tube and the loom. If you take a look at the reference photos, you will see that the void is filled with possibly another sleeve or in some cases a plug and a dowel. The tube and loom naturally do not have a tight fit. Example below:

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]