By Reppert7
for anyone that has sound on their pack, has anyone had better luck putting the speakers facing your back or facing out? any input is appreciated!!!
By thebigone2087
Usually if you are running one speaker, you want it mounted facing your back wth sound holes cut out of the motherboard. If you have two speakers, you can do one of each.
By Ecto-3A
Mounting the speaker facing outward (your back) will be much easier. Jjust add some nylon or rubber spacers to absorb vibrations and create a slight air gap between the speaker frame and the motherboard. If you're using more than one speaker, such as a subwoofer for additional base, you'll want that space to help with air pressure.
By Reppert7
Ecto-3A wrote:Mounting the speaker facing outward (your back) will be much easier. Jjust add some nylon or rubber spacers to absorb vibrations and create a slight air gap between the speaker frame and the motherboard. If you're using more than one speaker, such as a subwoofer for additional base, you'll want that space to help with air pressure.
Thank you all for your help btw these all have been incredible tips and a help.... and I'm sorry for such a noob question, but where exactly do you add the spacers at???
By Ecto-3A
I used spacers for vibrations between the motherboard and the speaker frame. You don't have to use them, but I personally prefer them.
By J-place
Now if you want the vibrations us a transducer speaker. I built by son a mini pack and the 4" traditional speaker was a little heavy for him. I replaced the motherboard and added a smaller and lighter transducer speaker and its quite an awesome effect. Keep in mind this speaker is designed to vibrate the objects its mounted on and literally turn the object in to the speaker. You do loose some bass and everything vibrating will give some distortion. But on my sons pack the loss is actually a gain in effect. The sounds are so mechanical in nature that the distortion is hardly noticeable and people touching the pack believe there is something very real going inside.

I've been working on my matching pack and plan on using a combination transducer and micro subwoofer to port out the booster tube for extra sound volume.

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

This looks like a beautiful book, I would love to […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]