Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker, but never post. I thought I'd share with you all my two proton packs. As a child, Ghostbusters was my favorite movie/cartoon series and I guess I never really outgrew it.

Last Halloween I went as a Ghostbuster and made this Ghostbusters 1 pack out of a fiberglass shell and then a mix of resin parts, metal parts, styrene, PVC and wood dowels. It has a Matty wand and a light kit from ebay.
The costume was a huge hit and people kept asking me all night about the pack.
Here is that one:

The biggest draw back is how heavy it is. So I wanted to make a second one, a Ghostbusters 2 style pack and make it lighter.
This pack is 3d printed. The only thing not 3d printed aside from the tubing is the brass rod on the ion arm.
I'm still waiting on the ribbon cable, alice pack frame and light kit from gbfans, but was too excited to share. It will also have a matty wand and I have one of spongeface's kits ready to go once my gbfans light kit gets here.

Thanks!
twmedford23 liked this
Thanks!

For the majority of the pack I used the files on thingiverse from tgoacher. Some parts I didn't like and just searched thingiverse for them like the crank knob and bumper. I also did a thingiverse search for the legris elbows, legris straights and clippard elbows.
talem84 wrote:How did you do the lights and sounds ?

Good question. If you're familiar with tgoacher's prints, they call for the proton back to be drilled on to the motherboard. I didn't want to do that.

What I did was bolt together the top "half" of the proton pack together and then attach it to the motherboard with two L-brackets.

I did the same with the bottom "half". I cut out holes on the bottom of the cyclotron to give me access for the lighting. I used long bolts to mount L-brackets to attach it to the motherboard. The 3d print is so light I probably could have left it there but then I attached some low profile industrial strength velcro to attach the two halves together.

This way you have access to the internals of the pack like any other pack. You can install any light kit, sound board you want. I have a matty wand, a spongeface matty board and am waiting on a gbfans order for their light kit.

I'm not sure how well I explained that. If you have any more questions just let me know.
I also used the same files for my 3D printed pack. What did you use to fill the gaps between each part mainly the cyclotron?

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]