Hey guys, does anyone know what in the world this mount is called that this guy installed on his spirit Proton Pack to mount his wand? I am trying to mod a pack for Halloween but the little peg deal that they put on it is just awful. For the price point though I would say the pack is decent even though it is smaller, it will get you by without spending an arm and a leg to build one which I still plan to down the line. I would like to heat the stickers off, paint it a flat black, put the stickers back on, get ride of the silly ribbon cable which also means opening up the hole behind the silver cable clip a little more, give it the Alice pack frame, move the stock lights out of the way but still keep the switch for the sound and install another light kit so it is always running and just hit the button whenever I want the sound to play, and of course, mount the proton gun in a better way. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a good plan! For this halloween I'm going to focus a little bit more on making my motorcycle into an Ecto-3, so for now I'm just going to mount the pack on an Alice frame, switch out the peg for a proper hook to mount the wand on the proton pack, and call it a day. There will be some more mod work down the road, I'm sure.

Here's another great thread about modding the pack: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43650

The hook they are using is called a v-hook, or at least that's what I've seen it called. I haven't seen them in local hardware stores but you can get one for about $10 on Ebay. Just ordered mine yesterday.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

This is what you are looking for. http://www.ebay.com/itm/391893262986

It's not what was used in the movies but it is, from what I can tell, the most commonly used substitute.
It is a bracket from some Dixie brand disposable cup dispenser or at least the original part was, it is also refereed to as a Dixie Cup Bracket but I don't find any results for purchasing via that term.
I'm planning to do the same thing for the lights and sounds with mine. Keep the pack sounds for now but add the idle powercell/cyclotron animations. I'm going to do it with an Arduino and a bunch of neopixel LEDs. Total about $30 give or take. Already finished the code for it and posted it here with the parts

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43653

You need to be handy with a soldering iron to do it tho.
GBDRE760 liked this
CountDeMonet wrote:I'm planning to do the same thing for the lights and sounds with mine. Keep the pack sounds for now but add the idle powercell/cyclotron animations. I'm going to do it with an Arduino and a bunch of neopixel LEDs. Total about $30 give or take. Already finished the code for it and posted it here with the parts

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43653

You need to be handy with a soldering iron to do it tho.
Thank you very much for this. I may have to check that out. I know I finally ended up buying some V-Hooks today instead of trying to find some random mount that we have absolutely no idea where it came from lol. But I will definitely have to check out that thing for the lights. I am not great with a soldering gun though but I have someone who can help me, if not then I will just get the standalone one we have here in the shop.

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]