By LtPinkerton
Saw that some people online where getting them. Anyone know if they’re any good or not? I’ve been withholding any judgment till they actually released
By Stinkbringer
It's my first kit, but I have done my homework. The shell is fiberglass and looks very clean and feels very sturdy. Weighs around 20 pounds without it put together. Only gripe so far has been that some of the holes don't line up with screwing stuff together. No real hardcore construction, simply gluing or screwing is all that's needed to put it together. The mother board is Plexiglas and has some sections cut out for eventual sound. It's a mixture of metal and fiberglass parts. Everything is included in the wand including switches to again promote an eventual electronics addition. Anovos hasn't produced instructions for it yet so I'm going off of pics and websites. A lot of great support so far on my first build. Im pretty new to the construction part and I hope this helps.
machina28, ccv66 liked this
By machina28
great writeup, do you have pictures of this pack kit that you can share with us? im VERY curious of the final delivered product. thanks! :D
By Kingpin
machina28 wrote:great writeup, do you have pictures of this pack kit that you can share with us? im VERY curious of the final delivered product. thanks! :D
AmazonChitlin has posted some detailed photos of his Anovos kit here: link
machina28 liked this
By greg883
Emailed Customer Service on Monday and got the following reply:

The Proton Pack kit at this time is on schedule to ship out within the Winter Season, before March 19th end of day. If there are any updates about these items you have on order, including for shipping, we will notify you via email! Once the package has left our hands and is picked up by the carrier you will receive an email notification with the tracking number (from support@anovos.com so make sure this email gets filtered into your inbox so you don't miss it). The tracking number will usually also be accompanied by an expected arrival date on the carrier's website.

So, in 13 days, they should be on the way.
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
LOL, I was just about to post an identical email I received from Anovos CS. I got super excited today because I got a UPS shipping notification from MyUPS.. but it was for something else.
By Etigo
Even if I prefer the DIY method, I'm really curious of this version... I saw some pics on previous topics, but I'd like to see one for Real...
By livewire008
I really really want to believe them this time... realistically I can see it slipping to spring, then summer. There just doesn't seem to be enough people getting product for them to suddenly catch up on the remaining orders. Here's hoping for everyone's sake they don't miss Halloween again. Crossing my fingers they'll pull it off by the 19th, though.
Marcus B liked this
By livewire008
You know what would be great? This is total wishful thinking on my part, but it would be cool if the apparent gap in people getting their kits was due to Anovos fixing the issues with the first run before sending out the next wave.

I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer. The suspense is killing me though, haha.
deadderek liked this
By BlueChainsawMan
I contacted them last month and on Feb 21, I just got their canned response from the FAQ of "Thanks for reaching out to us. For that item we are looking at a WINTER estimated release window at this time. Customers could receive this item anytime between now - MARCH 20th 2018 in reference to the current shipping calendar. Unfortunately we do not have solid dates on when items will ship, only the seasonal estimate. Please note, items on reserve are subject to change in availability, features, and estimated delivery dates at any time."
By greg883
Marcus B wrote:That's my thought too. I'm not seeing much here or on FB groups about people getting them.
I waited a year and a half for them to ship a hat (Imperial Officer). To tell the truth, I didn't place my order until I saw posts here that they had actually started shipping something. Glad I did, as a couple of days later they closed pre-orders.
By BlueChainsawMan
Sailerm wrote:Image
I ordered two packs a while back and I got them both of them about 6 weeks ago
How long ago was it?
By Etigo
Sailerm wrote:About a year
OUCH!!!
Marcus B liked this
By Xavierallen
It's coming up to the 15th...anyone get their email saying it's ready for shipment? I'm dreading the "ok, sorry but we've pushed this back again...etc..."
By Marcus B
Xavierallen wrote:It's coming up to the 15th...anyone get their email saying it's ready for shipment? I'm dreading the "ok, sorry but we've pushed this back again...etc..."
The 19th is the last ship date on their calendar
By feevrt
Hopefully the ALICE frame will also ship. I'm planning on waiting until the 19th for either the shipment notice or the excuse. If the excuse is good and credible enough, I'll give them a little more time. Otherwise, I'm heading for the surplus store.
By Marcus B
feevrt wrote:Hopefully the ALICE frame will also ship. I'm planning on waiting until the 19th for either the shipment notice or the excuse. If the excuse is good and credible enough, I'll give them a little more time. Otherwise, I'm heading for the surplus store.
I am very confused as to how they cannot have these. I understand they probably don't want a warehouse full of them, but they are readily available I'm sure as some companies still produce them, and the few things they need to add like the foam isn't that hard. I am wondering if they have a minimum order they need to sell before ordering and are hoping they hit that number.
By Kingpin
Marcus B wrote:but they are readily available I'm sure as some companies still produce them, and the few things they need to add like the foam isn't that hard.
While A.L.I.C.E. Pack-style frames are semi-commonplace, a lot of these are cheap(ish) copies compared to the frames made during the Vietnam era, and there have been reports from users here who've bought them that the vertical struts are prone to breaking - which would rule those out as a viable option for use with Proton Packs.

As for the padding: getting the straps (either buying vintage or manufacturing reproductions), opening them up, padding them and then sewing them up again is a bit of a labour-intensive task in itself, I'd be wary about describing it as "not that hard". And we have to remember this is not a factory production line, it's a small team handling the whole project.
By Demon Vice Commander
Reinforcing the ALICE straps isn't too difficult, but it does require some patience; it only took me about five hours to stitch the new straps on for my GB2 Hero pack (plus about three hours of removing the old pads, cutting the foam, test-fitting, etc.).

While eBay is your best source for an accurate ALICE frame, avoid sellers that use a stock photo, as you're best bet is an olive drab LC-2 military-issue frame (not 'mil-spec', which is the aftermarket version for civilian-use). LC-1 frames are definitely out there, but tend to be a bit rarer and often command a higher price.
By Xavierallen
Marcus B wrote:
Xavierallen wrote:It's coming up to the 15th...anyone get their email saying it's ready for shipment? I'm dreading the "ok, sorry but we've pushed this back again...etc..."
The 19th is the last ship date on their calendar
Ah balls...you're right.
By Marcus B
Kingpin wrote:
Marcus B wrote:but they are readily available I'm sure as some companies still produce them, and the few things they need to add like the foam isn't that hard.
While A.L.I.C.E. Pack-style frames are semi-commonplace, a lot of these are cheap(ish) copies compared to the frames made during the Vietnam era, and there have been reports from users here who've bought them that the vertical struts are prone to breaking - which would rule those out as a viable option for use with Proton Packs.

As for the padding: getting the straps (either buying vintage or manufacturing reproductions), opening them up, padding them and then sewing them up again is a bit of a labour-intensive task in itself, I'd be wary about describing it as "not that hard". And we have to remember this is not a factory production line, it's a small team handling the whole project.
Maybe I am wrong, but based on the pricing I can't believe this going to be an exact reproduction of any frame/straps used in the films. I'd be surprised if they could make one of military quality and include all the additional details for only $40. The going price for repros is $40 from Rothco.

Has *any* frame from Anovos been shipped to a customer? That would answer a lot of questions... I'm not trying to demean what Anovos has done and I understand they're a small company and a small team is working on this, but I still think this would be the easy part of the proton pack.. not the hard part.

I lucked out and bought an alice frame in 2002 for a Halloween pack.. The straps are reproduction and could use an upgrade, but the frame is an original LC1 and very sturdy. Seems nearly indestructible.
By ccv66
I ordered day one, haven't received Alice yet. . i have 3 packs now and $40 was reasonable enough, I figured I'll just use the best out of the bunch. So I'm not to worried about about the quality. However if I didn't already have a few frames , I'd wait and see or just buy from somewhere else. Anovos stuff is a guessing game
Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
ccv66 wrote:I ordered day one, haven't received Alice yet. . i have 3 packs now and $40 was reasonable enough, I figured I'll just use the best out of the bunch. So I'm not to worried about about the quality. However if I didn't already have a few frames , I'd wait and see or just buy from somewhere else. Anovos stuff is a guessing game
I nearly ordered one as well. Like you said, $40 isn't too bad, but after discovering mine was a genuine LC1 frame I figured I would just never use it.

I don't think it could worse than a Rothco frame. I'd be surprised if the frame isn't identical to a current Rothco frame, save for the color.
By Xavierallen
I just got off with "Samantha" from anovos customer service, according to her, "as far as I know both pack kits and frames are on schedule to be shipped out by the end of day on the 19th"

So there's that...hopefully!
Marcus B liked this

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London