By davidkram2003
How long did it take for you to get your refund? It took me almost a month of going back and forth to get my money back
By Etigo
Xavierallen wrote: May 1st, 2018, 7:25 pm I cancelled my order, ordered a benofkent pack...anovos, wow...just terrible experience for me.
Sorry for you about ANOVOS... But It's a good thing for Benofkent!!! :-D
By Zantsumei
Canceled my order. finally got an email yesterday for my refund. took 2-3 weeks to even get the request in. Never again anovos.
By livewire008
I don't blame you.

Even before this recent lack of update got out of hand (and their lack of communication is beyond reasonable at this point) I had promised myself I'd do the same (cancel, order a benofkent kit) if this drags into July.

I will not miss another Halloween because of whatever their problems are. If this is par for the course with Anovos, I have no idea how they're still in business.
deadderek, Marcus B liked this
By Marcus B
Can't write a note to a customer who has paid in full, but the marketing department can write a million emails selling other products you may never receive:

By BlueChainsawMan
Marcus B wrote: May 4th, 2018, 6:56 am Can't write a note to a customer who has paid in full, but the marketing department can write a million emails selling other products you may never receive:
I wonder how many orders are just chillin, not being fulfilled right now.
8BITDEATH liked this
By ramador
I ordered mine in July of 2016. Haven't received it. Have gotten the same crap responses you guys have. ill let you know if/when I get it. I would also love to know if anyone who did receive the pack ordered it before/after me. Just to see if they are shipping in first come first served order...
By livewire008
ramador wrote: May 7th, 2018, 9:25 am I ordered mine in July of 2016. Haven't received it. Have gotten the same crap responses you guys have. ill let you know if/when I get it. I would also love to know if anyone who did receive the pack ordered it before/after me. Just to see if they are shipping in first come first served order...
Near as we've been able to tell, it is first come first served. Before kits stopped shipping, the most recent recipients said they ordered in May 2016. I only saw one person who said they ordered June of 2016.

Since then, updates as well as people getting product has seemed to come to a halt.

Judging from posters here and on FB, the last batch of kits went out in January. We've been in limbo since then.
By Zantsumei
yea, I finally got my money back from them. got my own pack anyway now. but seriously, they are horrible. never ever again.
By ramador
Me either. its astonishing to me. they seem to be able to do just fine with Star Wars stuff... they sell that like hot cakes... I'm in that situation where I feel as if I cancel, they will ship the damn things in a week. so I'm just gonna hang in there a bit longer before asking for a refund...
deadderek, Marcus B, dierseve97 and 1 others liked this
By freemooseshow
Finally got an update today in my email. It was in the “Promotions” tab, so beware!
Also, I pre-ordered both the kit and the alice frame back in July 2016.

“You will be happy to know that many of these Kits have completed production and are currently en route to our Fulfillment Center for shipping to customers. These items are scheduled to depart the overseas port on May 29th and are estimated to arrive at the U.S. port on June 14th. We expect to have clearance from the port and U.S. Customs no later than June 23rd, and the items to be devanned, palletized, and moved to our warehouse between June 27th and June 30th.

You are receiving this update because your order is included in the first wave of shipments this season. This wave is scheduled to begin on June 30th, with the remaining Kits continuing to ship in future waves throughout this season through Summer 2018. The remaining customers will receive an update of their orders via a separate email.

During the course of fulfilling our commitment to an exacting-quality offering with long-term durability, it became clear that the quality of manufacture and materials resulted in an increased cost for this offering. With these facts available to us, the decision was made to increase the price of these armor kits for all future ordering windows for this product.

The good news is this decision will NOT affect the price you have paid for this item. We now consider the original price to be “Tier 1” pricing that we feel that you should benefit from. All future purchases, however, will reflect a new Tier 2 price. This has effectively increased the value of your Kit significantly.

If you find the need to update your shipping address, please contact our friendly Customer Service staff before June 1st to verify your order and that your shipping address is up-to-date. You can reach them either by responding to this email, or through Live Chat on ANOVOS.com from Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm PDT.

As your Customer Supply Liaison it is my goal to ensure each and every one of our customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of their orders, and I will continue to update you if any new details arise in regards to your order. We here at ANOVOS wish to thank you for being a valued customer. We really appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Reggie Scott

Customer Supply Liaison”
livewire008, Marcus B liked this
By livewire008
freemooseshow wrote: May 15th, 2018, 10:54 am This wave is scheduled to begin on June 30th, with the remaining Kits continuing to ship in future waves throughout this season through Summer 2018. The remaining customers will receive an update of their orders via a separate email.
Nice! So if I'm reading this right, hopefully orders will begin trickling in now through (according to Anovos shipping calendar, "summer 2018" =) September 21st.

Also, RE the price going up for future waves, I see the pre-order price of the pack on their site (even though it's "not available") is now $675, up from the original $600.

Fingers crossed they're right about delivery this time ;)
freemooseshow liked this
By mike_waclo
I inquired this week about the status of the ALICE Frames (got my Pack kit in October) and was told that they should finally begin shipping in the summer window, and that I should have mine before September 21.
By Lowberg
I feel really bad for all the people that fell into the Anovos pit.
I understand the good intentions of the people from this community involved with the Anovos Ghostbusters project, but what Anovos does is just not right, not ethical. There's no reason why a prop replica company should essentially crowdfund a project and think it's acceptable to push the delivery date back months, years. If an independent builder took money up front for a proton pack replica or parts and were a year late on their promised delivery date they would be publicly hung and banned from being a trusted seller. But people keep giving them money :?:

I do feel bad for the buyers, but I mostly feel bad for the great independent part makers who deliver better quality kits and CAN make their time commitments who missed out on potential sales. Yall could have had a higher quality, more accurate proton pack kit from Nickatron in a few months turn around time for slightly more money!!

For those who are just waiting on Alice Frames, you'd probably be best just buying one off Ebay for and getting it now than waiting for god knows when.
twmedford23, seekandannoy, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By mike_waclo
For those who are just waiting on Alice Frames, you'd probably be best just buying one off Ebay for and getting it now than waiting for god knows when.
I do have a frame already, currently mounted to a Spirit pack. I was excited for theirs because it looked like it'd have some more accurate parts attached than what came on the frame I bought on Amazon. Plus, it should have all of the mounting bolts and spacers, hopefully. Though maybe I'm hoping for too much from Anovos. :)
By Etigo
mike_waclo wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 2:29 pm Though maybe I'm hoping for too much from Anovos. :)
MAYBE!!! :-P
Xavierallen liked this
By livewire008
Lowberg wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 2:24 pm I do feel bad for the buyers, but I mostly feel bad for the great independent part makers who deliver better quality kits and CAN make their time commitments who missed out on potential sales. Yall could have had a higher quality, more accurate proton pack kit from Nickatron in a few months turn around time for slightly more money!!
Yeah, had I known then what I know now (which was before discovering this community) that's the route I'd have gone, for sure. I probably spent that "slightly more money" indie builders charge in upgrading certain components like real Clippards that would have made it a wash anyway.

Like ramador said; I'm in a spot where if I cancel now, they'll ship the thing shortly thereafter. Going to be extremely angry if I miss Halloween a 3rd year in a row because of this. It's cool that there's finally some proof of life after them ignoring us to death for an entire quarter, so I'm happy for those who got that "first wave" e-mail. 9 days later, the rest of us serfs are still waiting for that "separate e-mail" update :sigh:
Last edited by livewire008 on May 25th, 2018, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Xavierallen liked this
By Xavierallen
I just got notification that I had a partial refund (still haven't recieved shipping refund yet). I put it in weeks ago and had to threaten to call my credit card company for dispute and miraculously the refund came in the next day!

That being said, the day I put in for a refund with anovos is the same day I ordered my benofkent pack. as of this morning I got notification that my package has shipped...stick with indie makers, they put in the effort because of the passion and love for the franchise and care about customer service. Whomever you purchase from...just don't let it be anovos.
deadderek, machina28 liked this
By feevrt
Just got an email from Anovos saying that the pack frames will start to ship next week. Fingers crossed...
By TimsGhost
So hopefully we get the pack frame in the next few weeks. Next questions is, when will they announce/release the light and sound kit for the proton pack? Should we even hold our breath? Can Anovos deliver on another product they announced three years ago?
By ccv66
Even if they do a sound and light kit, do you think they can do a better job than the gb fans stuff? Theres alot of other people doing light and sound boards wouldn't even consider Anovos.
By TimsGhost
I just felt more comfortable, not being too handy, buying the light n sound kit for the specific mass-produced pack, with instructions. But maybe its time to broaden my horizons. Especially after seeing the instructions produced by Anovos.
By livewire008
If Anovos announced their lights/sounds kit today, I wouldn't order it on a bet. Not after this pack ordeal.

I have the GB fans kit and as someone who doesn't have much experience with electronics, it's very user friendly. The whole thing is plug and play, minus the power supply and that isn't hard to figure out. I whole heartedly recommend it.
deadderek liked this
By TimsGhost
ccv66, you inspired me. I just bought the matty blaster board, pack lights, and speaker from gbfans (and a gbfans member on ebay), so that I can use my Matty Collector Neutrino Wand, to connect to the pack. So I'll just switch out the lifeless wand from Anovos, with the motorized, rumbling, lighted wand from Matty. More accurate Anovos wand on display, more incredible Matty wand controlling the lights on my pack.
By feevrt
TimsGhost wrote: June 6th, 2018, 4:27 pm I just felt more comfortable, not being too handy, buying the light n sound kit for the specific mass-produced pack, with instructions. But maybe its time to broaden my horizons. Especially after seeing the instructions produced by Anovos.
The GBFans kit is pretty easy to install in the Anovos pack. The only bit that requires a little work is soldering the speaker wires to the speaker. I did it - it was the first time I’d soldered anything and it wasn’t hard.

The problem with ordering a kit from Anovos (assuming they actually release one) is that you might end up waiting another year for them to ship, assuming they don’t just source a kit from someone else.
By livewire008
Just got an e-mail about the pack frame.

"This is Reggie from ANOVOS with an update about your order #ANOVOS-##### for the GHOSTBUSTERS™: Proton Pack Frame. These beautifully authentic accessories begin shipping to customers today. We have received new pictures of the completed Frame and I have included them in this update.

Some of the highlights of this frame are:

Backpack frame is constructed of aluminum and has padding replicating the original screen-used prop.

Adjustable nylon straps are padded and include metal buckles.

Back padding and adjustable nylon waist belt with plastic buckle.

Upper gray foam bumper pad is cut to screen-accurate length and placement.

We at ANOVOS thank you for supporting our products and are very excited to see this well-made accessory make it into your hands. Once it arrives, we invite you to share pictures of you and your new GHOSTBUSTERS™: Proton Pack Frame on your favorite social media channel using #ANOVOS.

As your Customer Supply Liaison it is my goal to ensure each and every one of our customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of their orders. I feel particular pride when a pre-ordered product is shipped out. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

Sincerely,
Reggie Scott
Customer Supply Liaison"

I'll try and screen grab the updated pics, because they're not on the Anovos site at the moment.

EDIT: Pics below.

twmedford23 liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]