Hey guys, so I decided to do some photos with my pack after Halloween. Some are for another project. Some are for someone else. Anyways, I had fun messing with the Spirit pack. I like to call it the "Proton Pack - Model-S" lol. I didn't have time to complete my trap by then but I still took it out for Halloween because it still looked good. I had a buddy 3D print the resistor, heatsink, and knobs that I am missing and he is sending them to me. Now I am going to get my hands on a good 3D Printer. I had fun and also won a $200 halloween costume contest. I might have to make some Ecto Goggles because I am going to keep doing different photoshoots lol.

Last edited by GBDRE760 on November 4th, 2017, 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kingpin, robandliv, twmedford23 and 2 others liked this
Heatley2001 wrote:how did you do the clear tip on the wand?

awesome looking trap.....whats it made out of?
The clear tube was a pain in the rear. Basically I cut the tip off of the gun, just before it goes into the bigger part of the tip that sticks out of the gun. I then masked off the inside parts of that and the LED and opened the gun to paint that part silver. When the paint dried, I got my rotary hand tool and slightly bored out the inside of the plastic from the area that was masked off, making sure that I didn't touch the LED bulb that's in there. I just needed just a little more room to get my clear tube in. I didn't want any kind of flexible tubing for my gun tip so I ended up searching craft and hobby stores that were in town and finally I ran across this.
http://www.joann.com/glitter-mixing-tub ... 09567.html
It worked amazing. I also hit the glitter tube with a little clear coat from a spray can and it gave it that slightly frosted look. It took a bit to get the ring with the banjo tip off of the original tip that was cut off. For that you have to basically cut off both side of the white plastic on both sides of the tip, then use a rotatory tool with a little sanding wheel on it and bore out the plastic from the inside of the ring. I ended up hitting that with a little silver paint too. It actually has a slightly snug fit on the glitter tube and since it was attached with the red wire, there really was no need for gluing it in place.

As for the ghost trap, it is 1/4" plywood, some dowels, electrical tap, and the trap plates are some cut fiberglass panels that were painted silver. I am just waiting for my 3D printed Heatsink, resistor, and knobs to get here so that I can complete it. I never did make the pedal but I still mounted this to my belt when I went out for halloween and people were impressed :)
themikereda liked this
TKTC Ralph wrote:Very cool. Are you going to upgrade the sound effects?
I'm not sure yet. I do know that I am working on getting a 3D printer. I know this pack does have the GB fans light kit in it but if I get a 3D printer I may build a 100% sized pack and give that one the works.
That glitter tube from Joann Fabrics was PERFECT! I had been searching everywhere for something that was the right size. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to try this, I did everything GBDRE said, except I don't have a dremel tool so I thought I would just superglue the glitter tube to the silver wand tip housing the LED, but the plastic tube had a really weird reaction to the superglue and ended up getting discolored and looking awful. So it took a few attempts and a LOT of chipping/sanding the inside of the silver wand tip, but I finally got the hole big enough to fit the glitter tube and I used a little bit of hot glue to get it to stay and now it's perfect.
GBDRE760 liked this
themikereda wrote:That glitter tube from Joann Fabrics was PERFECT! I had been searching everywhere for something that was the right size. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to try this, I did everything GBDRE said, except I don't have a dremel tool so I thought I would just superglue the glitter tube to the silver wand tip housing the LED, but the plastic tube had a really weird reaction to the superglue and ended up getting discolored and looking awful. So it took a few attempts and a LOT of chipping/sanding the inside of the silver wand tip, but I finally got the hole big enough to fit the glitter tube and I used a little bit of hot glue to get it to stay and now it's perfect.

Good stuff man! Now that I think of it I think I gave it a touch of hot glue just to help it stay in place while the super glue that I used really did it's job. I used the gorilla glue/super glue stuff. I didn't even know gorilla glue also manufactured super glue, lol.

Ok guys, gals, spectral entities and other whateve[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

I have heard soaking them in very hot water for a […]

The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghos[…]