Hello Folk's....My names Bart, and I wanna be a Ghostbuster when I grow up ( and have for the last 30 odd years or so....)

So yesterday I took the plunge and ordered up some .125 styrene sheets and a couple sizes of acrylic tube. Got the plans printed out and I'm ready to get on with this bad boy.

Heres to getting some templates plotted out and getting ready to slice and dice some styrene when it gets here.......

Imagepack001 by Bart Salmons, on Flickr
Looks like the styrene sheet will be arriving tomorrow so I styed up late last night and laid out the first template.
]Imagepack002 by Bart Salmons, on Flickr

Also got some components in today. Acrylic tubing for the prton thrower, and a Pilot Plasma tube, The envy of all pack builders!

Imagepack003 by Bart Salmons, on Flickr
GBDRE760 liked this
By Batfly
Yeah baby! Subscribed to this thread.

Look into getting a spst or spdt 12v relay, .1uf resitor, and dpdt momentary push button for the plasma tube. That thing throws off crazy emf making things go wonky. I just bought the relay and resistor Sunday and need to get them in line. Shhh, don't tell my build thread, I haven't told it yet lol.
By Ecto46
OK lets see some REAL progress for a change! I started assembling the gunbox. First up I rough sanded everything to get a good fit. Then I used a heat gun to bend the side /top section, draping it over a piece of pvc pipe to get a uniform radius

Imagepack006 by Bart Salmons, on Flickr

I cleaned up the front piece of the curve to make sure everything lined up nicely......

Imagepack007 by Bart Salmons, on Flickr

Front bits glued up and doing a little rough sanding. Like how everything is fitting together. Note also the tube of Weld On 16. the only glue I will ever use on this kinda project.....Fantastic stuff

Imagepack008 by Bart Salmons, on Flickr

Also on a different front I repurposed an old jacket (well my Mom did) by sewing a No Ghosts Logo over a Public atey Insignia that I'm no longer associated with........

Imagejacket by Bart Salmons, on Flickr
By Batfly
Nice, looking good! The thrower is a motivating piece to start with.

He just won the Nobel prize for Literature (I did[…]

Any writer that would redeem them would be a fo[…]

Rise of the TMNT

I mean, based on the synopsis I read, it sounds li[…]

Those don't look that bad, but look for Radial Cer[…]