Hi everyone,

I ordered a classic style motherboard sized for one of the spirit packs to use to replace the cardboard one that it originally came with.

I went with a classic instead of one that fits down into the pack shell as my light kit in my pack was a pretty tight fit into the compartment and I need some extra clearance to make sure nothing gets messed up.

Will I be able to use replacement screws to bolt into the existing posts? If so what would you recommend? If not, is it possible to extend the plastic posts?

Thank you for any suggestions you can pass along.
doctorevil30564 wrote:Hi everyone,

I ordered a classic style motherboard sized for one of the spirit packs to use to replace the cardboard one that it originally came with.

I went with a classic instead of one that fits down into the pack shell as my light kit in my pack was a pretty tight fit into the compartment and I need some extra clearance to make sure nothing gets messed up.

Will I be able to use replacement screws to bolt into the existing posts? If so what would you recommend? If not, is it possible to extend the plastic posts?

Thank you for any suggestions you can pass along.
I'm still waiting on my aluminum motherboard. I'm buying it from keystone Ghostbusters and was advised there is about a 3 week backlog on getting them made so I've got some time. If anyone can share info (and pictures) of how you attached your motherboard for your spirit Halloween Proton Pack, I'd appreciate it. I figure if we can share our knowledge it'll help other members with their pack. Due to how popular these packs were (and still are?), I predict we will see more made next year.
Maverick1983 wrote:I did my motherboard myself....

Aluminium with Aluminiumbrackets

Did you do a classic style (shell sits on the motherboard) motherboard? Where did you put your brackets and what did you use to make them? Sorry to ask so many questions. I've seen lots of info for light kits, painting, ETC, but not much on replacing the cardboard motherboard.

EDIT: it looks like you shared pictures but for some reason I'm not able to see them in the Tapatalk app. Will check the forum site on my PC when I get home
Maverick1983 wrote:yes classic.. shel on board...
Cool, thanks. I just checked on my PC at home and still wasn't able to view the images you had linked.

I guess I will need to figure out the best places on the spirit pack to attach the brackets for the motherboard I'm getting. I had hoped to be able to extend the stock mounting posts, or just use longer screws. Either way I am sure I will figure out something :)
Maverick1983 wrote:hm. dont know why you cant see the pictures. but. look at my Maverick1983s Spirit Pack Mod Threat... maybe this pictures work...
Those work, very strange issue to be sure. Did you bend your brackets or use a piece of angle aluminum to make them?

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]