Hello friends,
I would like to build a proton pack for my son (5 years old) and I would like to attach to the mother board a kit that makes sounds and light correctly.
I do not know anything about electronics so I would need something ready that does not cost too much.
Can you suggest a site or link me something where I can buy the kit ?
Thank you so much.
William
Replace the word 'Fast' with 'Easy' and you have your conundrum.

There are some fantastic kids available for pack lights and sounds, some offered by GBfans store, others from Heavy Props or Rabid Prototypes. Unfortunately, they are far from cheap, some might say excessively expensive ($300) for a pack to be used by a 5-year old.

You could program an Arduino with LEDs and neopixels (~$30-60 materials) to do it but you'd need a basic understanding of computer programming and certainly some good soldering skills. There are some people on this forum who have provided their Arduino code for free... but you'd have to do the actual wiring yourself.

So there's the dilemma... You have three options when it comes to Proton pack sounds and lighting:
  1. Good
  2. Cheap
  3. Easy to build
But you can only choose two.
grogking wrote:This thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43273 has probably the cheapest way to do lights and sounds, but you will have to have some electronic skills such as soldering
That's the plan I have as well. At the moment my Arduino is only powering a very simple light sequence for the cyclotron and powercell but long-term ill be adding lights and controls to the neutrino wand with sounds.

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]