By rayp_Stantz
Hi friends.

After scratchbuilding a protonpack, you can see here in the Forum, i wanted to do another build.
This time i used a 3d Printer to produce the parts. Some People around here advised me the CR-10. I already printed a Neutrino wand with it, i have to say, really great Printer ( after i fixed some bad troubles that came with it ). I used 1.75 black PLA and the datas from "DancinFool, Winddrake" and "tgoacher" found on thingiverse.com.
Black PLA because my post processing goes to white. Then from white to black again. This makes painting much more easyer.
Nozzle 200° and bed 50°, 20% infill with 0.15 layerheigt ( CR-10 is able to produce with 0.05 btw ).
To my suprise my bad leveled bed had not much influence on the prints...big luck i would say.
The datas are pretty good btw and i used Cura 15.04.03 to create the gcode's.

After printing i sanded every mm of all parts. After that i used "fill-surface" - putty. Sanded it again. Then i used filler primer. Sanded it, fillered again and so on.
Iam really really happy with the results, the surfaces looking awesome.

When painted black, ill handpaint the whole pack like i did with my printed blaster.

Here u can see the post processing steps shown with the crank Generator:

It was a lot of work...

Like the first time, the synchronous Generator is made of Styrodur and wood with a metal
frame around. I used the CAD-paper datas from my CAD-friend Chris.

Cyclotron was printed in one part(!) ... love CR-10 ;)

For now 90% of post processing work is done and iam happy :)
Nothing mounted yet. Will be next step.

The motherboard was made of real metal by my steelguy Mr.Baal :)

For the electronic of the powercell and cyclotron i invested into a "Jupiter Electrics" light kit.
And i shot a ALICE frame with straps on Ebay for only 30€.

Hope u guys like my work
Greets
Thank you for the nice feedback.

Yes indeed. Also, CR-10 is popular in this community it seams.

Startet electric stuff. Planned to use my DIY smoker 2.0
Learned from first n filter overheating. This thing is badass.

And i combined it with motherboard.
A lot of stressy work now.

Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Like the last days iam installing printed parts to second motherboard. Later the pack can be opened like a rc car for example thanks of the two motherboards.
Again a lot of putty and filler is used :)
I closed gaps between board and parts in the pic below done until the powercell starts. So i do all around.

The kanger t2 smoker idea died. It seams it sucks more energy than the remote relay can handle...strange. anyway will go back to normal ezic for n filter smoke.
The electric is pretty much done. 12v 2800mah main supply. Some step downers feeding powercell and cyclotron (9v active fan cooled), mp3 3w modules (5v [pack can play multiple sounds at once]) and ezic (6v active fan cooled UBEC switch).
- pack plays idle electric hum sound with spark samples etc
- startup snd
- blaster start up
- nfilter blowout snd
All sounds taken from w32sound.pod (ghostbusters the video game)
All cabels are hidden installed between the parts and motherboard.

Also i add this energy display. It will be below the HGA.

Greets

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]