By Ecto39
Hello. I’m building my first thrower and purchased a set of vinyl decals. Upon closer look, the screen used props appear to be a mix of graphics.

Does anyone know where I can by the dry-rub transfer sheets like the ones sold, but out-of-stock on GBFans shop?

I want a label that doesn’t have the “raised”look do to the thickness of the vinyl. Also makes it a bit easier to weather. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
By Kingpin
There will always be a degree of "raised" detailing to dry-rub transfers, this was present enough on the screen-used props that the dry-rub decal on the N-Filter was copied over into the fibreglass Proton Pack shells for Ghostbusters II.

As for who sells them these days? I'm afraid I can't recall anyone at the moment who sells them. GBFans, or people selling through the GBFans marketplace have usually been the driving force behind producing the decals.
Noremon liked this
By Ecto39
I am thinking of making some water slide decals for the thrower. With the proper application, I think it will have that “painted on” look that I am looking for. My thrower is ready to be painted but I need to wait until warmer weather to do it. I hope to post some pictures within the next month.
By livewire008
I made waterslide decals for my goggles... certain colors like red didn't come out so hot and I ended up using a mix of waterslide/regular. Maybe it was my print settings, but expect a fair amount of trail and error if you go the WS route.
By Ecto39
Thanks for the tip. I thought about printing them myself but figured I could get better results if I found a place on the web. I just need to find the time to draw it all up.
By venkman69
Did anyone ever get anywhere with these? I'm well up for a set of dry rub decals. Can't find them anywhere.
By Ecto39
I abandoned the dry-rub concept (for lack of response) and had water-transfer decals made. Once dried, I took some steel wool over them to knock of the shine. This also resulted in some of the decal falling off which gave me the weathered look that I was going for.
NotSabbat liked this
By MarkMjsy
Sorry I can’t for the life of me remember who sells them but I’ve seen them on eBay for sale recently.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]