Hello Everyone,

I am starting my adventure on creating a semi authentic proton pack, I have my shopping cart full at gbfans.com of parts I'll need and I'm lucky enough to have a buddy with a high quality 3D printer who was nice enough to offer to print most of the add on parts for me.

I need assistance in almost every aspect. from how to mount electronics (never done it before) to how to attach parts either epoxy, glue,bolts. to where to mount stuff like the battery pack and speaker. I have no idea where to start and I am several months away from starting as I am still on Parts collection. I know for a fact I will be using GBF shell, and Mother board, all GBF sound and lights kits. and TC Wand.

I would appreciate any assistance possible from where to find blue prints, printed instructions, videos, tutorials, or even if your in the Melbourne FL area swinging by to assist lol!

Any and all help would be appreciated.

My ultimate goal is to do a close version to the movies utilizing both GB1 and GB2 styles along with some aspects from the Video Game as well. there are some things I want to change specifically the rotary knob at the top I wanna replace with either with the set up from the game or something custom.
I should also mention as well that I have the blue prints on where parts go from the reference section my main concern is the electronics where and how to mount as I've never wired a project with lights and sound before. That I have not been able to find clear instructions on.
Everyone does the electronics a little differently. You have to decide how you want to do yours. If you are using GBfans electronics, then you don't need to worry a lot about space, as they don't take up too much. You can look at several builds on this site to see how some have done it. There are some mounts on thingiverse for some of the parts if you need them I made a few. Check them out here. https://www.thingiverse.com/grogking/designs

That being said, focus on putting the pack together, then you can figure out placement once you know what space you have.
GBDRE760 liked this
If you're using the GBFans kits, it's all plug-and-play, so the big challenge is actually in figuring out how to mount the boards. There's a lot of methods of going about that, and it all kind of depends on your own skills and what materials you have on hand. I personally used Motherboard standoffs and cut pieces of scrap aluminum to build mounting brackets for all of my cards, then used the mounting bolts that were already installed to install my electronics, like so: Image

That said, I've also spent a lot of time poking around and gathering reference material for my own build last year, and you could also do something like this, where your brackets are attached to the motherboard instead:
Credit:BenofKent Props

If you're more comfortable working with 3d printed parts however, you can 3d print custom brackets and mount those directly to the shell using epoxy. (I... Can't actually seem to find a reference for this. >.>)

And just for the sake of it, here's a shot of a screen prop opened up to show how they were mounted. (Credit to Exoray)

No matter how you decide to mount things, you'll notice the two major approaches are to either mount everything to the Motherboard, or to mount it to the inside of the shell. I'd also suggest getting on social media like Facebook and asking other builders in one of the random Ghosthead groups to show off how they mounted theirs.
doctorevil30564 liked this
wow this was exactly what I needed! another thing I am concerned about is mounting the motherboard. any suggestions on how to line up the mounts for the shell to the motherboard? like how can I ensure I drill the hole in the right places without poking extra holes in my shell.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]