Hello everyone... And sorry to update so lately...
I was supposed to add some pics last week, but I didn't had a lot of time... So... HERE I AM!!! :-D

22th August 2017:
Me and Martin (MC77 from Ghostbusters France) were preparing for the the silicon coats for the MOLD...

Unfortunately, I was too tired and I wanted to do fast cause it was something like 2am, so I made a BIG mistake on the ratio between the Silicon and the Catalyst (Hardener), So I lost 2.5 liters, I meant I just wasted 65€... How sad I was... Too bad, I like the blue color... :-(

I had to wait until the 27th August 2017 to discover that nothing evoled at all...
I was so angry, so disappointed that I cried a bit... sorry, A LOT!!! SPENDING A FEW YEARS ON A PACK BUILDING WITH ALL THE MONEY, ALL THE TIME, ALL SACRIFICES, TO COME TO THAT MISTAKE, WAS MAKING ME HOPELESS!!! :-D LOL
I was thinking about removing all the Silicon without breaking anything or removing the paint, or worse... Start over...

So I had to think about something else, and I came back on one stuff, my Shock Mount...
I didn't like my first one, so I asked to friend Martin (MC77) to cut some metal discs from aluminum and brass plates with a hole drill (he did this the 21th August 2017), I used the same system I did on my Home-Made Aluminum Knobs...
And VOILÀ!!! :-D

I know I didn't use the right screw, but I just wanted to see how it looked like!!! :-P

And the 6th September 2017 in the evening, I finally started to remove the Silicon with any product only with a tissu...

The good news, I removed a lot of Silicon...
The bad News, I did the easier stuff, because I still had a lot of Silicon the remove on the edge and on the corner...
But I chose this time to let this at this stage and go to bed, to prevent another BIG MISTAKE...

Back on this MISSION the next day, 7th September 2017...
I tried a product suggested by the Silicon and Resin seller: THE WHITE SPIRIT.
It was a scary moment because he told me that this product is perfect to remove and dissolve the Silicon, but there could be a risk, the paint could dissolve itself as well, So I did it carefully, and that's what I got...

THE PAINT STOOD STILL, but I kept my force to go to sleep, to be efficient for the next day...

And that's what I did the next day!!!

Saturday 9th September:
I tried again with the Silicon, but this time with a smaller quantity and with a GOOD RATIO RESPECT...

And the Sunday 10th September in the MORNING...

It worked, and I noticed that the White hardened Silicon grabbed the blue failed Silicon to move it out the Mastermold...
So I repeated this operation with 500g of Silicon to remove all failed Silicon to make my Master as clean as possible...

Et voilà le travail... :-P

I prepared again my CLEANED Mastermold. The preparation took a very long time but I was reassured that I removed the Silicon WITHOUT THE PAINT (thanks to the Seller and I-Tork from France for their "online help"!!! :-P)

I discovered that we could see more details on a picture with FLASH... :-P So I took a lot of pics with it!!! :-P

NOW, IT WAS BACK TO THE FIRST COAT OF SILICON, AND THIS TIME, I WENT STEP BY STEP...
Instead of dropping 2.5 Liters of Silicon directly, I used 500g twice, the first part for the top of the Pack, and the other one for the Bottom... with it white color...

Next day (11th September 2017) in the morning, I added the second Coat of BLUE colored Silicon, to be sure that I've covered thefirst White Coat...

I made a kind of prtection against the dust between each coat of Silicon...

And at the evening, the third coat of White Silicon with some of the excess of the previous hardened Silicon to fill the Center Cover...

14th September 2017 at the evening, I wanted to do a trial with the Gelcoat and the Resin, and it worked... I added to much hardener on the Resin, that explain the bubbles and cracks... Funny to see that the Gelcoat look like the Clear Pinkish Slime!!! :-P

I took a picture of the Gelcoat and the Resin Friaday 15th September 2017 at the evening, the same moment I put the Fourth coat of a Clear Blue and Thicker Silicon...

And the Saturday 16th September 2017 at the evening was the Fifth ad Final Coat of Silicon...

NEXT PICS WILL BE FOR THE FIBERGLASS WALL AND THE VERY FIRST SHELL (and the Last at the moment) I MADE!!!

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! :-D
Hello everyone.
TIME FOR PICTURES UPDATE:
Back to the 17th September 2017, Sunday to be precise.
It was a special day for me because there was an event in the South of France, but I wasn't available AND MY PACK WAS STILL NOT READY (somewhere, it's still not ready at the moment)!!! :-P

So I call some BACK UP!!! :-P

It's been awhile I wanted to share to share my progressive with other members of Ghostbusters France.

So there were Martin (MC77) and Diego (from Ghostbusters France and Ghostbusters Italia)

Patman and Manu!!! :-D

As you can see, Patman and Manu were cutting an MDF Wood Plate for a divinding wall for the FiberGlass Mold Stand.
Initialy drawn on a Paper with Patman before using the MDF Plate...

Here is the Plate...

Yeah, Thanks to Manu!!! :-P

Some shoot before lunch time!!! :-P

After Lunch, Manu and me were preparing for something I waited for a long time... The Fiberglass Coat for the Silicon Mold...

We discovered how toxic itchy it was... LOL :-P

Here is the first Part of Fiberglass. I will have to admit that it was a NIGHTMARE for Manu and me to work on Fiberglass!!! :-P

I could work on the second part the next day, but this TIME ALONE...
Thanks again to I-Tork from Frace for his suggestions...

And here it is!!! :-D

So this day was a great one. Because since I failed the first Silicon Coat, I was really scared of making other mistakes.
Thanks again to the Team who helped me!!! :-D

Next pictures will be the my first Shell!!! :-D
Last edited by Etigo on May 19th, 2018, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I finally found sometime to update, so...
19th September 2017 right after work:
I fixed the two parts with two clamps and drilled some holes to fasten them with some screws

I used a Jigsaw to remove the ecxess of the Fiberglass... And I prepared my Hammer and aChisel to seperate the Fiberglass stand...

After a lot of persuation, I got the mold free. But I went too far with the Chisel, so so I had a damage on 3 zones of my Silicon Mold and my Mastermold... :-(

Here is the inside of my mothermold!!! :-D

In spite of my broken zones, I was quite happy!!! :-D

And the inside view of my Silicon Mold...

A huge thanks to Devin White from Blue Realm Studio for video tuto about How to make a Mold!!! :-D

Have a nice weekend everyone!!! :-D
twmedford23 liked this
Hello everybody.
Let's go back on Friday, 22th September of 2017...
WELL NOTHING HAPPENED!!! LOL I FORGOT A WEIGHT SCALE FOR THE RESIN AND THE HARDENER!!!
Well... I removed the excess of the Fiberglass Mothermold...

Sunday, 24th September of 2017, I couldn't work on my Mold because I had a Line Dance meeting (:-P).
But I could prepare everything for the next day. I DIDN'T FORGET THE WEIGHT SCALE THIS TIME!!! :-P
AND I FIXED THE BROKEN AREAS ON THE SILICON MOLD!!! :-)

And THAT MONDAY, 25th September of 2017, I could only work on it the MORNING.
So, I tried THIS...

And the next Day, Tuesday, 26th September of 2017, during my 3 hrs breaktime :-D,
I tried to remove my FIRST SHELL from the Mold...
It took about 45 minutes because it wasn't glued but FIXED, and I was so scared to break the Shell or the Mold.
Unfortunately when I finally removed my Shell, I saw two things:
-MY SLIGHTLY INCURVED POWERCELL.
-MY INCURVED CYCLOTRON.

I took a pic to compare my Shell from my Mastermold.
And you can see some broken zones on the Cyclotron when I tried to remove the Fiberglass Mothermold from the Silicon Mold with the Hammer and the Chisel...

2pm, still haven't eaten yet, I took some pics of me with NOT PERFECT SHELL...

To be honest, I was a bit disapointed (well not just a bit... A LOT), because I spent almost 5 years to build almost everything from the Mastermold to the Shell, and it was not what I wanted it to be.
But when I took the pics of me with my Shell, I was thinking about my Gun, my Aluminum home-brazed one.
I was thinking THAT IT WAS NOT PERFECT... BUT IT'S MY SHELL, and I was thinking about all my friend and family who supported me (even if they were thinking I was crazy to build a Pack).

That's why I smiled a bit!!! :-D
The picture Host Tinypic is temporary unavailable, that's why we can't see the pictures for the moment. I hope it will be only temporary...
Sorry, it's working now!!! :-P
Hi everyone!!! :-D

28th September 2017:
After making my REALLY FIRST SHELL, I used this tool fixed on the drill to sand and cut the excess of the Shell...

Here it is!!! :-D

Well, time after time, I felt less disapoointed...

Maybe I did too much... :-P

Sunday 1st October 2017:
I could work on my Shell the afternoon only...
I drilled some small holes on the Cyclotron Discs, cut the Booster Tube... AND FIXED MY HOME-MADE V-HOOK, a really exciting moment... I wanted to see how it looked like with my First Bumper and First Shock Mount...

And time to fit the Male V-Hook into the Female V-Hook...

Another exciting moment to cut the Motherboard from an aluminum Board. I added some tape on the Shell to prevent from the marker!!! :-P

Still some work to do, but I felt much better with a Shell and its motherboard... That was the first for me to touch a Pack which belongs to me!!! LOL

One thing I forgot shoot (with my camera, of course!!! :-P) The draw for the Dividing Wall for the Fiberglass Mothermold...

2th October 2017:
I couldn't work on it so I just cut a electricity Wire bought on a DIY store...

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND "TOUT LE MONDE"!!! :-P
Salut TOUT LE MONDE!!! :-P
3rd October 2017:
I wanted to braze some aluminum pieces but I didn't have the time...
So I worked on something else...

At the moment, the L Bracket are not fixed with Rivet NUT, well not yet, only Bolts...
I plan to fix with Rivet nut after the painting...

Well, time for some photo shooting!!! :-P

I felt so great to wear this ALMOST DONE PACK ON MY BACK!!! :-P

Voilà!!! :-D
twmedford23 liked this
BONJOUR EVERYBODY!!! :-D

Time to update!!! :-)
5th October 2017, I sanded my Shell, I cut and drilled some holes for some pieces to fix on the Pack.
I worked on the Powercell, the Cyclotron Lens zones, and the Cyclotron Discs.

But I only took a picture of the Pack th 9th October 2017, with my Gun... :-D

I took time to have fun with it!!! :-P

I'M READY TO BELIEVE YOU!!! :-D

Bustin' makes me feel good with my Creation and my uniform, even if it's still not finished!!! :-D

And my Almost done Pack!!! :-D

23th October 2017:
I couldn't work on my Shell, so I worked on some aluminum stuff...
The P.P.D, The Crank Generator Tube, and the Synchronious Generator Tube...

Of course, I plan to make the Crank Generator tube shorter, but I wanted to braze it first!!! :-)

Voilà voilà!!! :-D
Hello everyone:
Here is Doctor Hasan.
I have a PhD's in Parmythomania and Psychotic Malarkey!!! :-P
Seriously, it felt so great to wear an UNFINISHED PACK IN AN EVENT!!! :-D
That was in France, in Arpajon the 8th April 2018...

Well, with my almost done Pack...
The update was the way to fix the Booster, the Booster Tube and the Crank Generator Tube on the Shell that I did in November 2017, but I didn't take a picture of it...

And my stuff in public!!! :-D

I don't care, even if my Pack was not finished, I was still HAPPY!!!

BUT FOR NOW, THIS IS MY LAST UPDATE.
The reason is I'm a DAD since December 2017.
So I wanted to work as fast as possible before the best gift I ever had, MY DAUGHTER!!! :-)
I don't know exactly when I will be able to work on my Pack again.
But I'm truly happy to have built My Gun, My Shell, My Motherboard, and OTHERS Aluminum pieces Myself, with help, of course.
And I'm really happy to share this experience with all of you.
I'm not leaving this forum, of course!!! :-D
I will just update as soon as I can!!!

Thanks for supporting and sharing your stuff again!!!
And a big THANKS to all persons who keep the forum living!!! :-D

Have a nice weekend and SEE YOU SOON!!! :-D

Very soon, because I will be available on other topics!!! LOL :-P
twmedford23 liked this
Hello everyone...
Today is a special day, because I got a fresh UPDATE...
Well, I took this picture of a tool bought in a DIY store TWO DAYS AGO...

I was fed up not to use a Dremel4000 since it overheated 2 years ago, but I don't have the money for the moment to buy this.
So I bought a Dexter brand (I like the name Brand, it remind me the series!!! :-P)

I hope to use it next Sunday or next Monday to go back to work on my Proton Pack!!! :-D

Have a nice day!!! :-D
Last edited by Etigo on September 12th, 2019, 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello Everyone...
A little update and a little deception...

I wanted to come back to work on my Pack, but due to some problems, a whole day to work came to 2 hours to work only...

So I took a Drill, some Rivet Nuts...
And I worked on this, I mean these pieces:

Well, I didn't work as fast as I wanted, but I FINALLY FIXED THE N-FILTER AND THE PPD ON MY SHELL with bolts and not with a glue...

So normally, I still have:
- The Front Knob and The Side Knob of the Gun to braze.
- The Injector Tubes to braze.
- The HGA to BRASE..
- The Filler Plugs to finish to braze.
- The Bumper to finish to braze with an L barr to strenghten it.
- The Shell to work on with some milliput, and some resin, and some holes to drill for all tubes and fittings.
- Drill some holes to install the Lights and Sounds Board (Thanks to Protongamer from Ghostbusters France!!! :-P)..
- Try the Lights and Sounds Board... Yeah it could be an idea.
- Put a Filler Spray on my Shell, my Gun and my Motherboard once all holes have been drilled.
- Paint everything in matt Black.
- Add the dry rub decals on the Gun with caution.
- Add a lacquer on the Gun to keep the Decals as long as possible.
- Fix the L Brackets on the Motherboard with Stainless Steel Rivets.
- Install the Lights and Sounds Board.
- Assembly everything,, even the stickers... Just forgot to buy them!!! LOL

AND VOILÀ, THE PACK WILL BE DONE!!!

Well I still have a few things to do... :-P
twmedford23 liked this
Hi Everybody.
A very little update and a very little satisfaction about my progression done yesterday...

I have to admit that going back the Aluminum Brazing after a few months of rest of nothing but a nightmare. With the preparation of the pieces to braze, brushing with Stainless Steel brush, and check th heat to prevent from melting or spoiling gas... That's why I only brazed the Front Knob, the Side Hat Knob and the HGA Base.

Nevertheless, I'm quite happy for one thing:
In spite of the fact that my latest brazed Knobs are very UGLY, even with some work to come. I OFFICIALLY BRAZED EVERY ALUMINUM PIECES OF MY GUN!!! :-D

Voilà, That's it for the moment!!! :-D
alextwigg wrote: July 5th, 2018, 4:16 am The work looks awesome! I admire the dedication of the scratch build...especially all the metal work. Stay strong and good luck getting it finished!
Thank you very much, Alextwigg...
Somewhere, I prefer 3D Printing, for getting a little faster!!! :-P
But I hope to finish this Pack!!! :-)
BONJOUR TOUT LE MONDE!!! :-P
Here is a Little Update from Yesterday...

I FINALLY have finished the Filler Plugs Brazing and threading!!! :-D

Well, I brazed the H.G.A Tube but the upper and lower discs moved too much, so I plan to try again but with thicker Discs...

In the aluminum domain, I still have to:
-The Bumper brazing to finish...
-The Injector Tubes to Braze...
-The H.G.A to Braze again...

And technically, all aluminum parts will be done, I mean with some work... :-P
Voilà.
AT LAST!!! My first update in 2019!!!
By the way, BONNE ANNÉE t everybody!!! :-D

Back to the 21st January of 2019.
Back to a stuff I brazed last July 2018, the HGA Tube.
I drilled a few holes for a few threads... And one Rivet Nut to fix!!! :-D

Everything was ok for the 4 external bolts to thread.
But I miscalculated my drill tips for my Legris fittings (that I plan to substitute with a Clippard Fitting :-P) and a VERY BAD THREAD for my Brass Fitting...

By chance, I got something that just POPPED IN THERE...
I drilled 2 new holes on the opposite side... with the right Drill Tip Size!!! :-P

And here is the HGA before assembly...

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough battery on my camera to take more pics, so I couldn't take the next pics until 25th January of 2019...
By the way one of the 4 bolts is wrong, but at that moment it was the only one left...
Of course, I plan to fix it!!!

Voilà!!! :-P
twmedford23, err404 liked this
HELLO TOUT LE MONDE!!! :-D
A little update with some Ice Hockey Pucks bought in a store last week. To be specific, the 15th February 2019...
By the way, Thanks to Canpara, PssdffJay and Julz for this Spacers idea!!! :-D

Hello everybody.
A little update but a big satisfaction.
Last Sunday, I took time on my HGA to fix it on my Shell with the tight bolts!!! :-D

YEAH, I'M A HAPPY MAN!!! :-P

I also took time to made my Gun Track Front Disc thinner for my Bolt to easily put and extract my Gun from my Shell. But I could take this picture the next Day...

And that last Monday, I could spent a really short time (Because I was not alone... :-P), to drill 4 holes a make some threads for my Home-made Heatsink and fix it to the Gun

Voilà voilà!!! :-D

P.S: We can see on the first and second picture, my Motherboard filed and sanded 4 months ago. :-P
Last edited by Etigo on September 12th, 2019, 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hello everybody. I hope you're all great.
Unfortunately, since Tinypic shut down its website, I lost all pictures links. I'll try to do my best to upload them again... I'm glad to get ly original pictures on a few USB keys and disk... :-D. For the moment I still have an album the Facebook "Ghostbusters Franchises Worldwide" group.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]