By Henners
I’m 3D printing new wands for some spirit packs, would the default light kit be able to work in a 83% wands? I could mount the PCB in the pack and run wires in the look of needed
By Henners
Heatley2001 wrote:Did you ever find out if it would work or not? Im very curious.
I’m doing a whole run of the wands and the printer isn’t mine - so not yet. But after seeing pictures of it with the stock spirit pack i would wager no
By Heatley2001
well crap. i read the spirit wand was 60% so i was hoping the 80 to 83% would work. or at least the switches fit and like you had mentioned run longer wire from the back to the wand.
By Maverick1983
Jupiter do custom made Lightkits and i believe they have around 80% Lightkits
By DarkSpectre
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Having 3d printed a replacement spirit wand this kit looks like it should fit. However you may have to bore out some of the existing holes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GhostBusters-M ... 5674e81506
By Heatley2001
my only issue with that is that it looks like its missing a toggle switch. It has the 2 by the bar graph and the push button but i dont see the 3rd toggle that would go under the push button.

Also if the wires are already attached to the board how will you be able to run the wires if you have a wand thats already together. I dont see a way to disconnect them from the board. Looks all hot glued on.

But maybe im missing something.
By Kingpin
It may be the case that Jupiter was able to refine and contain the kit in such a way that it only needed two toggle switches... It wouldn't be too tricky to source a toggle switch of similar size though. What it would mean is that the switch you'd be locating would serve only as a dummy switch.
Heatley2001 liked this
By DarkSpectre
You can easily get by with 2 functioning toggles. I've made plenty of packs that use only 2 with the third being for show. The third toggle on the GBfans kit for example activates the vent light which has to be turned off to use the "vent" function anyway.
Heatley2001 liked this
By Heatley2001
Thinking back on it. I have a dummy switch as well. Im using the spirit pack default sound and lights at the moment.

I have the activate switch wired to turn on the powercell and cyclotron lights. The intensify push button switch to active the spirit pack lights and sounds. The bottom switch by the bar graph to turn on my vent light i wired in using a 9v battery and a LED bulb and the top is a dummy switch.
By Kingpin
I've now had a look at Jupiter's kit. All in all it appears to have only two switches, one toggle and one push. If you do go for that kit, you'll need to get yourself two extra dummy toggles for your Spirit Pack. I would enquire about measurements of the bargraph to make sure that it fits the scale of the Spirit Proton Gun. You'll also need to look into whether you want to gut the barrel light from the Spirit Pack, remove the barrel light from Jupiter's kit, or find some way of combining both in the space available.
By Heatley2001
For me i had a 80% wand 3D printed. I bought some on/on 3 prong toggles and push buttons from amazon. For the vent lights i used a LED bulb that you plug into a bulb holder (like a Christmas light bulb holder) ran the wires from the bulb and attached a toggle and 9v battery.

For the sound and gun lights i took the old spirit wand electronics from inside and transferred them to my new wand. The bulb from the spirit tip was easy to pop out of the tip. The i wired my push button to the wires the old push button was attached to. Then plugged the wand harness into the spirit packs control board that it normally plugs into inside the pack. So when i push the new push button it comes on with lights and sounds. Then i push it again to turn it off.

For the power cell and cyclotron lights i ordered a kit from spongeface that uses the spirit battery pack. I then ran wires from the new toggle and spliced them into the wires for the battery pack and pack lights.

So i have 3 working switches and 1 dummy switch. So far i haven't been able to find a bar graph that will fit.

Here is my set up if anyone was interested.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]