By Heatley2001
Hi. Im running into a bit of a problem with my spirit pack.

I running wires from a SPDT toggle from the wand to the inside of my pack to my power cell and cyclotron lights so i can turn them off and on with the switch.

I have a wire from the battery pack to the first prong on the switch, Then from the second (middle) prong i had to ran to the power cell positive wire but it didn't work. Wouldn't turn on and off. I then ran the second wire from the middle prong to the negative wire thats attached to the power cell . It then would turn on and off like normal. But then i went back a few moments later and the battery pack was warm and when i opened the case the battery's were pretty hot.

Im using a power cell and cyclotron light kit from spongeface that uses the existing battery pack the spirit pack has.

Im wondering if i need to have more voltages instead of the 3 AA battery's that the pack takes.

Im hitting a wall not sure what to do. Any help would be great.

Thank you.
By greg883
It’s not clear exactly how you have everything connected, but I would guess you have a dead short across the pack.

What you need is a Double Pole Single Throw - DPST - and keep each battery completely separate from each other. Run a separate positive wire to each side (pole) and back.
By Heatley2001
I have it to where the battery pack wire goes to the first prong the a wire from the middle prong to the positive wire of the pack lights.
By SheffieldArrow
I had a similar issue with my Spirit Pack. I installed an Adafruit Audio FX board (that's 4.5v) so ran it from the original Spirit Pack whilst keeping that for the firing sound and wand lights and it constantly over heated to the point where the Spirit white battery holder melted in the space of about 30 seconds with Duracell Batteries. I separated rhe FX board to an independent 3xAA power supply and the issue went away. The wiring inside my Spirit Pack was totally shocking though and that was all done in the factory. I also found rust on some of the internal screws which was a surprise too.

Some of Spirit's packs don't look to have quite the build quality we'd like them to have I think.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]