By keyamon
Thanks to everyone here for threads and plans. they have been excellent and so thought I'd share my build.
It's mostly made out of EVA foam and foamcore.
I 3D printed bits that would be either tricky to make or needed to be more solid.

Layout out the 3D Prints

Black stuff is EVA foam matting, White stuff is 5mm foamcore

and here it is primed. I coated everthing in PVA to seal the foam first and then rattlecan plastikote primer

matt black plastikote.. weathering with a silver sharpie and a tiny bit of drybrushing with some bolt gun metal, then onto stickers :D

being in the UK alice frames aren't that cheap to import so decided to make something similar. it's 20mm conduit pipe and I designed and 3D printed some slot on brackets for the base. These were coated a few times in XTC3D for strength and then epoxied on some angled support bars.
I added a slight heat bend to the top section and then mounted it to the MDF motherboard using the conduit mounting brackets and some cable ties for extra strength.

once the straps were sprayed with a canvas spray olive green and attached it all looks ok IMO

I haven't taken as many pics of the thrower with it being completely 3D printed, but here's where I'm at so far.
the power on switch turns my pack lights on, but that's all.
I've got some gear to add audio and a load more LED stuff, which I'll sort when I get some more spare time.

managed to find some OK looking cheap overalls and with the name & no ghost patch and my black work boots I'm pretty happy with how it looks
robandliv, feevrt, Ectobond and 1 others liked this
By Ectobond
Your pack looks great! I also like how well you did on the Alice frame.

My dad wants to make a pack of his own, and this is the route we would like to go. The only concern we have is durability. How sturdy did your pack turn out?

Your pack makes me excited for my dad's
By ozzman39
Awesome work!!!! any Chance you would share your Alice frame files? I am in the middle of printing out parts to build my first pack :)

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]