By Governor
I pretty much have my spirit pack down to the individual parts / elements. ( and I mean everything / total disassembly )

What paint are you guys using, Matt, Flat or Satin black for a good finish. Did you prime first for good adhesion to the plastic or just paint it. Am I over thinking this? I have all the mods on order, lights, cosmetics, V-Hook, and new pack labels. Will the new labels stick wel on Flat or Matt paint?
Last edited by Governor on June 26th, 2018, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Governor
Did you make motherboard, and if so how did you mount the pack shell to the MB? Did you replace the spirit pack tip, or just slide the clear tube over or? Where did you get the vynal tube
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
Governor wrote:Did you make motherboard, and if so how did you mount the pack shell to the MB? Did you replace the spirit pack tip, or just slide the clear tube over or? Where did you get the vynal tube
I made the motherboard out of plexiglass and mounted it with carriage bolts (Same as a full size pack, just a bit smaller). I used plastic spacers found at any hardware store.

As for the tip, I dremeled off the stock tip completely, only saving the thicker "base" ring and legris collar near the end. The tubing can be found sold by the foot at most hardware retailers and online but you'll usually be forced to buy it by the roll if you go that route.
Governor liked this
By DarkSpectre
I'm currently in the deconstruct portion of my spirit pack as well. I did 3D print a correct scaled thrower from the the amazing 3d files that Count De Monet had on thingiverse. My problem is I don't know how elaborate I want to go with it. I have a mostly accurate full size pack, as well as most of my team so I'm not sure if I want to get Spongeface's upgrade kits or just make the pack have solid lights. I guess I feel like I don't want to put in a ton of effort into something that will probably not get worn by any of my team and maybe worn by folks that visit our fan tables or become a display piece.

Good luck with your rebuild. Look forward to seeing pics!
nastynoah liked this
By Heatley2001
I went with kylon paint and primer for plastic. I believe it was flat black. It turned out really nice.

For mine i just taped over the stickers that were already on there. I also had a 80% wand 3d printed.
By Governor
I cut some Motherboards out of some thin craft plywood, and mounted that to an Alice Frame. Everything is blown apart right now, painted. I have the Cosmetic upgrade, replacement stickers, new lights ready to go. I just need to figure out exactly how to mount the Pack Shell to the Plywood. Some L Brackets or something, and that leaves me with sorting out where to put the battery pack, so that once the pack shell is mounted I don't have to disassemble to replace batteries.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
Governor wrote:I cut some Motherboards out of some thin craft plywood, and mounted that to an Alice Frame. Everything is blown apart right now, painted. I have the Cosmetic upgrade, replacement stickers, new lights ready to go. I just need to figure out exactly how to mount the Pack Shell to the Plywood. Some L Brackets or something, and that leaves me with sorting out where to put the battery pack, so that once the pack shell is mounted I don't have to disassemble to replace batteries.
You can cut a hole and splice the wires inside the pack while mounting the battery housing on the outside. Or you can go the route that I did and cut an approximate hole were the felt flap was on the stock peice.

I also chose to use the existing screw posts and just used longer screws with fender washers to mount the mobo.Image
By themikereda
I got really great results from applying a metallic silver coat, and then covering that with a flat black. But I didn't really worry about covering every inch in black, because any areas that have that metallic silver coming through just give it a graphite/metal look.

Then did a bit of dry brushing and am over the moon with how it looks.
By themikereda
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: June 26th, 2018, 4:14 pm This is what I ended up with after using my method. You might be able to adjust accordingly for your desired look.Image
Love your pack so much! I was wondering how you did the red/yellow buttons on the thrower? Did you paint those or are they tips/covers from something else that you applied here? They look so good, I couldn't get mine to be so clean.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul

themikereda wrote:
Love your pack so much! I was wondering how you did the red/yellow buttons on the thrower? Did you paint those or are they tips/covers from something else that you applied here? They look so good, I couldn't get mine to be so clean.
I actually painted those! There's a ton hand painting that I decided to do instead of removing and swapping.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

jpetrutis81 wrote:For mounting a Spirit pack to an ALICE frame there's a seller on eBay that was making brackets specifically for that. Here is a link from my eBay... hopefully it works for those that are curious. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALICE-frame-br ... 2513651063
That's actually Spongeface! He's on here as well and he's a great seller. I've bought numerous things from him in the past and everything has been top notch. I actually use his light kit in my spirit pack!
jpetrutis81 liked this
By jpetrutis81
I was looking to get one of his light upgrade kits but unfortunately he's sold out right now. Just got my pack mounting brackets in the mail today and they look great.
By jpetrutis81
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Another seller on eBay is offering MDF motherboards cut for Spirit packs. Sorry if the seller is also here on the forum and I didn't notice (i'm still figuring out who goes by what screennames). I bought one and it fits great but I will need to buy longer screws as the original motherboard screws for the cardboard/foam are just a little short for my liking.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghostbusters-S ... 3188456337

*Update, I was able to use #4 x 3/4" wood screws to secure the MDF board to the Spirit pack

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]