By lynx420
hello im look for someone to help me make a proton pack since i dont have the skills to do it myself ill pay money to anyone that can but i would like it to look as real to the real thing some plastic if needed but i like metal parts ill pay alot of money to have it done . if anyone here is happy enough to do a build for me that would be awesome im also looking for it to have all lights and sounds and vent effects to the pack and gun if can . thx you fellow bc Ghostbuster :) ryan
By Kingpin
I'm not offering to build it, but it would help prospective builders to form an idea of what you're after if you could post a rough budget of what you're willing to spend. Bare in mind that even a halfway-decent Pack build could cost between $500-$1,000.
By lynx420
oh i was thinking more around the lines of $1,400 or $2,400 give or take thats what im will to pay for a realistic proton pack is that enough ? for lights sound and vent effects
Last edited by lynx420 on July 22nd, 2018, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
By lynx420
im looking for someone in canada that can build me a good quality proton pack im willing to spend up to $3,500 or higher on it must have lights sound effects venting effect and play music if u can would love to have the video game sound effects and lights too anyone interested DM me
Last edited by lynx420 on July 23rd, 2018, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chris8414
lynx420 wrote: July 21st, 2018, 11:44 am oh i was thinking more around the lines of $14,00 or $24,00 give or take thats what im will to pay for a realistic proton pack is that enough ? for lights sound and vent effects
Jesus, $14,000-$24,000??? The most I have seen a pack go is about $3,000 and that is for a trashy Bob's Prop Shop pack (Which don't buy from him he is blacklisted on this site) I know someone is selling one on eBay for $10,000 but that is even way too high. You can get a decent looking pack for $1,800. Mike Nelson @ karnivorous creations builds a solid pack for $1,800 and has a video up on youtube. I have not bought one from him, but have talked to him about it and he seems like he does very nice work, but there are many builders out there and they are easy to find. You just have to look, good luck!
By Styrofoam_Guy
Ah I am located in Toronto. I would have considered it if you were local as you would then be able to pick the item up. I would dread trying to ship something that big and risk it being damaged.
By chris8414
I am in California, I have reached out to several prop builders. Right now BenOfKent is currently finishing up what orders he has for full builds and is calling it quits for right now. Proton Pack Kits will still be available for purchase, but there is no way I'm tackling that job by myself LOL So far Mike Nelson from karnivorous creations seems like a possibility for me, good luck in your search my friend!
By jreverhart
I already said it in another post but #CopyPaste

Nothin for Nothin, but I would recommend doing the build yourself, almost everything you need is available here at the GBFans.com online store, and its actually easier than it looks. I'm about 85% completed with my 1st build, and its going very well, its intimidating at 1st but I promise take your time, buy lots of loc-tite epoxy putty, a good set of spade bits, a solid assortment of tapping bits, about 5-6 cans of satin black spray paint, and you'll do just fine. before each step search the boards or ask a question the group on here is extremely helpful and friendly. I will say though..... it's not cheap to go authentic or at least for me semi-authentic. so prepare to buy parts in pieces, and for the build to take some time ( my ETA on completion is 11 months from the day I drilled my 1st hole) but its extremely rewarding. and you'll be much happier with it when you did it yourself. anyone who builds it for you will never love it as much as you do..... just sayin...... Good Luck! OH!!! PS. Surfboard ding repair UV setting resin is great for fixing chips and dings in the shell.... believe me if you stripped the paint of f of mine.... just about every corner is resin repaired lol.
feevrt liked this
By mkkaida
You could also just keep your eyes peeled on the Facebook Ghostbuster sites. There are people selling their kits on there. I started purchasing parts for my first kit and someone was selling their kit 90% built so I decided to go for that and finish it off.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]