By DevynGB
So, I'm looking at adding both lights and sounds to my proton pack that I'm currently building. My plan is to use the kits from the gbfans shop. I have a basic idea of what I need, I know I need the cyclotron and power cell lights, the wand lights, the sound board, and the speaker. I want to make sure I get everything I need, while also not buying anything that I don't need (for budget reasons of course) My main goal is to run it all through a single power source. Does anyone know what other things I'd need for this other than the two lights set, the sound board, and the speaker? I'm really new to this, and I don't have that much knowledge on electronics and wiring. There's a lot of stuff in the shop, and i don't know exactly what i do and don't need.
By jreverhart
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Howdy!
you will need:
1. Blue Brick Battery (available on here or on amazon)
2. cords to connect said battery ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074C ... UTF8&psc=1 )
3. Optional but recommended- Master Power toggle switch (simple on off function) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000 ... UTF8&psc=1
4. Misc. things such as electrical tape, risers, crimp connectors or heat shrinks speaker wire,..... list goes on and on lol.
By tb-1599
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

jreverhart wrote:Howdy!
you will need:
1. Blue Brick Battery (available on here or on amazon)
2. cords to connect said battery ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074C ... UTF8&psc=1 )
3. Optional but recommended- Master Power toggle switch (simple on off function) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000 ... UTF8&psc=1
4. Misc. things such as electrical tape, risers, crimp connectors or heat shrinks speaker wire,..... list goes on and on lol.
Do you have a link for the Battery on Amazon? Also the switch you posted. Is that what you use instead of the built in switch on the battery pack?
By jreverhart

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074S ... UTF8&psc=1

yes, I just leave the battery on as its mounted inside the pack, so to avoid having to take it apart every time I wanna play with it I installed the master switch near the bottom of the motherboard off to the side near the cyclotron. but you really can mount it anywhere you find most convenient
By jreverhart
[/quote]Do you have a link for the Battery on Amazon? Also the switch you posted. Is that what you use instead of the built in switch on the battery pack?
[/quote]

Oh 1 more thing.... you may want to rig a charging port as well, I used one of the cables I listed and ran it to the bottom of they cyclotron then drilled a hole in the mother board, stuck it about a 1/4in through and then used JB-Weld Putty to secure it so I dont have to remove the battery to charge either.
By tb-1599

jreverhart wrote:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074S ... UTF8&psc=1

yes, I just leave the battery on as its mounted inside the pack, so to avoid having to take it apart every time I wanna play with it I installed the master switch near the bottom of the motherboard off to the side near the cyclotron. but you really can mount it anywhere you find most convenient
The link you provided that's the same one they sell here? The reason I am asking I have looked at a bunch of different batteries on Amazon. (Hence the reason for wanting to see which one. You linked to. )They all have complaints about not truly being 12 volts. How they are just cell phone batteries wrapped in foam to look bigger. Sorry I am just very careful when it comes to any electronics. I cant take the chance to have something fry or blow up while charging lol.
By jreverhart
yeah, they are super cheaply made, but for example, a 9V battery is actualy just 6 or 8 tripple A batteries and a D cell is 4 double A batteries.

so they are infact just a bunch of smaller batteries wrapped together but I assure you it'll work fine for your application, mine powers the pack for about 6-8 hours or more depending on if its just the light cycle or if I'm firing it.

I took alot of time looking into batteries too even considered cannibalizing an old 12v power drill to use the battery for it, and then decided that this was the way to go, and if it fails its easy to get a replacement too.
By tb-1599
jreverhart wrote:yeah, they are super cheaply made, but for example, a 9V battery is actualy just 6 or 8 tripple A batteries and a D cell is 4 double A batteries.

so they are infact just a bunch of smaller batteries wrapped together but I assure you it'll work fine for your application, mine powers the pack for about 6-8 hours or more depending on if its just the light cycle or if I'm firing it.

I took alot of time looking into batteries too even considered cannibalizing an old 12v power drill to use the battery for it, and then decided that this was the way to go, and if it fails its easy to get a replacement too.
Then sir I bow to your judgement..
By jreverhart
I havent had any issues with overheating or anything that would be concerning, the blue brick is actually a bunch of rechargeable lithium Ion Double A batteries in casing wrapped in heatshrink blue wrapping. which is the same process they use for like batteries for RC cars, old school digital cameras that sort of thing.
By jreverhart
and if you get concerned about overheating or surges while charging you can always rig your charging power cord (the red wire) with a fuse terminal if you want. I didnt think it was worth it to do that, but you can CB radio power wires are cheap and most have one already built in if you decide to do it.
By jreverhart
Last one I promise...

I also made a kydex battery holder that I attached to the MOBO inside the shell, and used same putty I used to secure the charge port to lock it down, its heat resistant and chemical resistant so If I do have some sort of malfunction inside the pack, in theory it should be contained by the battery holder I made just make sure to leave space for the cords on the side.

Alot of guys just tape them down, I wanted an easier way to remove it quckly and hold it securely in case things got wonky since they are chinese batteries. Also the instructions are a hoot to read!
By tb-1599
jreverhart wrote:Last one I promise...

I also made a kydex battery holder that I attached to the MOBO inside the shell, and used same putty I used to secure the charge port to lock it down, its heat resistant and chemical resistant so If I do have some sort of malfunction inside the pack, in theory it should be contained by the battery holder I made just make sure to leave space for the cords on the side.

Alot of guys just tape them down, I wanted an easier way to remove it quckly and hold it securely in case things got wonky since they are chinese batteries. Also the instructions are a hoot to read!
LoL. I am going to come up with some sort of rig to hold the battery. I also bought a packaket of actual charge ports.. to make life a little easier on me..
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?