By Quon44
Do you think the matty wand or other gb gear will come back in production?
By ccv66
0 to .05% chance, maybe lower.. The trap sold out in a day they never did a second run.. The wand, pke and goggles sat on there website forever heavily discounted + free shipping, before they sold out. Think the pke and goggles were $45 a piece at one point. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think Mattel will touch ghostbusters until another movie comes out
By Cambo5150
I wish they would do another run. Have you guys seen what the wands are going for on Ebay? I'd love to have one but jeez....
By One time
This questio pops up once every few years and the chances are pretty much 0.

If you're a GB nutcase though, the wand is pure bliss. It works exactly like the ones in the movies do. I'd try and save up and get one if you can. But I'm a huge GB nut.
By ccv66
The wand is cool, but it's $150 toy. There's nothing that special about it. If you took the money eBay is asking, you can get a more accurate metal wand.
By One time
ccv66 wrote: October 14th, 2018, 12:42 am The wand is cool, but it's $150 toy. There's nothing that special about it. If you took the money eBay is asking, you can get a more accurate metal wand.
Not with sounds, lights, vibrations, bargraph that scales with positron output dial, barrel extension safety, and that the whole thing goes haywire when crossing the streams with another. Also it was actually $120 for one, not $150, atleast when I had them ordered.

I believe someone stated that to commission one that is identical in operation to the Matty wand (with all features listed above) out of metal would cost about 2000$. Don't know if that is true.
Last edited by One time on October 21st, 2018, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ccv66
I have Mattel wands, I like them and spongeface boards really make it worth while. It's beneficial to me the more money they're worth, but I wouldn't pay any more than $250. The lights and sound and vibrate are easily achievable and gb kits are superior. My point isn't how cool the Matty wand is, but how ridiculous the eBay prices are and for the same money you can get a much better product. Some people were asking over $1000 , for less you can get the Anovos kit or throwing chicken+lights. I haven't investigated metal wand prices but I was figuring around a grand for parts, $2000 for a commission might be in the ball park. It's all relative though, I'm sure there's people have more in a wamco bar graph then I have in my whole pack and to them it makes all the difference
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]