By Justinius
Everyone,

I'm looking into the Real Ghostbuster packs but I've noticed that there doesn't appear to be a good resource for it. Here on GBFans there is a lot of good information for the movie packs, but the cartoon's pack doesn't even have part names.

So I'd like to see if people have ideas/suggestions for RGB Pack part names.

Comparing to the movie packs I have the following:
https://imgur.com/a/BroqgHyImage

A) Synch Generator
B) Cyclotron
C) Bumper & Shock Mount
D) Ion Arm
E) Power Cell? Its got a volt meter vs a crank so this makes sense
F) Booster Tube & Frame
G) Attenuator
H) Vacuum Pump? Connects to synch generator in same way so this seems to make sense
I) HGA? N-Filter? Its a cylinder near the synch generator
J) Button? In the cartoon its a button, in the movie its a Clippard valve. Name recommendations welcome

Ideas? Suggestions?
EnderWeggen liked this
It's been a while since I last watched the series... I can only remember J being used on one occasion as a push-switch, and in that instance, it was a major activation push-switch... So I guess, unless there's a contradictory use in a different episode, we could lable it the Main Activation Switch?

Although, this then might run afoul of the box of switches just visible on the underside of the Cyclotron, that seemed to serve the same purpose in Killerwatt.

On the topic of switches, there's also the small button on the Ion Arm which activates the Pack's Capture Mode (Knock Knock).
You are right about those.

I didn't label the box on the cyclotron, and I didn't highlight the button on the Ion Arm.

So for the Ion Arm Button - I'm ok with Capture Mode Button being its name.

For the other one, Main Activation Switch, does seem to go against the box on the cyclotron. There was a post by ThePinkGhostbuster viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21006&start=30#p248959 but I don't know what episode its from specifically showing it being pressed.

So the idea of it being main activation could be fine, but maybe tie it to something specific on the pack. So maybe Sync Gen Activation.

That way the "start up sequence" could be Sync Gen Activation (maybe very slow pulsing on the cyclotron) -> Then switches on the side box (first switch faster pulsing, second switch start cyclo light rotation) -> Catpure Mode (activate lighting on the Ion Arm?) -> Wand Stuff

Edit - I need to watch some more episodes and see if I can track down what they actually do.

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]