He has a good P.R. machine, but as good as his products may appear in photos and video he's posted, they are almost reliably terrible quality in person (small, deformed, poorly-cast). There are a number of photograph examples in the thread for Bob I've linked below. He has a reputation for being disreputable because he has copied the work of other prop makers without permission, and a number of the people close to him in his workshop have also been caught and banned from this forum for recasting:

Blacklisted Sellers List
Bob's Prop Shop - Videobob - Robert (Bob) Moseley
And his noted collaborators/associates:
Raine Moreno (AKA trendkiller, AKA recastrelics, AKA Stark's Prop Shop)
Kelsey Hayes (AKA Propcrazed)
Thiago Nascimento (AKA GBFreak83)
Max-Olivier Michel (AKA Languages, AKA guimauve) - A noted past connection with Videobob
twmedford23 liked this
I think I would pass on Vikings, bobs using a Mattel wand and spongeface board. His pack quality is questionable. I think I would buy twmedford23 gb1 spenglar pack , buy the Matty board and eBay a Matty wand.. you'd have a better pack for less money than bobs.
Not sure I'd buy a completed pack with a vac shell.. Vac shells have their place, lighter and cheaper. Too me it's better for people who are building their own on a budget or want a second pack they can where all day.

Vac shells usually aren't as crisp as fiberglass but I've also seen some people build some awesome packs from them
Bazmore liked this
At first glance, it's a reasonable starter Ghostbusters II Proton Pack, though there are some areas which would need modifying:

•The brass clippard elbow on the Filler Plug (raised tube to the left of the Clippard Valve) appears to be missing (or the split loom used on this cable just needs trimming).
•The visible side of the Proton Gun is missing the large and small silver knobs.
•The brass rod on the silver end block of the Ion Arm (element on top-left quadrant) appears a little on the long side (though this may be tricky to shorten).
•The split-loom feeding from the Spacer/Synchronous Generator and into the Gear Box (block with the rectangular red label) looks a little on the small side, and probably should be closer to the width of the hole of the tube it fits into.
•The red triangle on the Proton Gun should be pointing towards the silver knob on the short tower, rather than pointing away from it.
•The yellow hose on the Ion Arm (top-left quadrant) appears to be translucent, and should be solid opaque.
•There should be a mounting bolt attaching the Pack shell to the motherboard on the side of the Ion Arm (usually visible behind the round resistor with the fins). Strangely this is absent, making me wonder how the shell is mounted.
•The Shock Mount (large silver knob at the centre of the four red rotating lights on the Pack) appears a little on the short side.
•The bargraph sticks out further than it should on the Proton Gun, but this may be dictated by the electronics, and how thick the wall of the Proton Gun is (resin results in less space compared to aluminium).
•The yellow rectangular sticker that is placed on the side of the Spacer/Synchronous Generator has been positioned too high, and is starting to disappear over the curved top end.
•The red SLOBLO light on the Proton Gun shouldn't flash, but remain static (but this is a minor thing, that's less easy to change).

At $1440.08, it's perhapse a little high given some of the areas noted above that you may wish to change, but getting light, sound and charger included in the price, and having it assembled, makes it quite appealing.
You could pay more for much less than what that bundle is offering.
Bazmore liked this
I bought a Machinaprops semi hero GB2 pack and it is amazing. with some small swap out I was able to buy one of the most accurate packs ever made. his work is amazing. Benofkent props are amazing FAN MADE PP also. highly recommend. I would stay away from bob prop shop and ANOVOS at all costs.
Please post pics!
Zantsumei wrote: December 17th, 2018, 6:57 pm I bought a Machinaprops semi hero GB2 pack and it is amazing. with some small swap out I was able to buy one of the most accurate packs ever made. his work is amazing. Benofkent props are amazing FAN MADE PP also. highly recommend. I would stay away from bob prop shop and ANOVOS at all costs.
twmedford23 wrote: December 18th, 2018, 12:13 pm Very nice! I've been trying to purchase a shell from machina now for almost 5 months but can't seem to get him to stay in contact. Very unfortunate as his shell seems to be the most accurate available.
His packs are for sure the most accurate I have seen. He used the "venky" shell which apparently has lineage from the screen used pack. Its pretty amazing. His work is stunning. Beware however, the packs are more pricey then others but the work really shows. He used all resin on his parts. I opted to buy a chicken wand and I bought real parts. IE legris elbows, x2 Makita batteries for the back, and some metal parts... Clippards were a little pricey but happy I upgraded em. I have his #.... if you are still interested in contacting him I will provide it.... Provided he has time to make it. He made my pack in about 2 weeks.... maybe a tad more. Since then I have made my own pack as well. His will always be my #1 lol.
My memory's grown a little hazy in the subsequent years, Venky did state they had a connection to the original production mould that had been used to create the shells for the fibreglass Proton Packs in Ghostbusters, however, following the production wrapping a mould (possibly the prime mould) was cut into four pieces for disposal, and later retrieved and rebuilt (but in repairing it, it's not quite as big as it used to be, which has led to some areas being tighter - such as the section between the E.D.A. and the Spacer, which resulted in some fans having to manufacture Beam Line/Filler Tubes with a smaller footprint in order to fit the shells spawned from the mould Venky had).

The closest shell out there to what was used on-screen are the Anovos Spengler Legacy shells, the downside... Beyond the noted delays with the company, is that these are only currently available as a fully-assembled kit, rather than as a basic shell.
Thanks for the offer, Zants. I've been in touch with him through facebook. He's already mentioned that he has a shell ready to go but doesn't quite follow through with me when I've told him that I'm ready to pay. Maybe he forgets or just doesn't care to sell to me, I'm not certain which, but I've decided to let it go.

And thanks, kingpin, for the info. Machina has gone into a bit of detail surrounding his acquisition of the project from Venky. The history of the shell and Venky's meticulous work in repairing it, is what prompted my decision to try to get ahold of one. I did use a Ross Arbuckle casted production shell for my gb2 semi hero pack, and while the lineage is clear to my eyes, the warping left me wanting. Those screen used semi heroes had a bit of warping themselves so I'm not too hung up on it. That said, I would love to get my hands on Machina's shell or even a Bosh shell, so that I can a semi hero pack another go, this time with no warping whatsoever.
What Bob does great is marketing and presentation. If you don't have a good gauge on quality and price of packs you'd probably be happy with it. I haven't seen an experienced builder give it high remarks, have seen one go through and fix the flaws. Bob loves Bob and has no problem telling you how great he is. Most quality vendors let their customer base do the talking. Much less the morality of him stealing parts. As much as I loathe Anovos, you could get a genuine movie cast pack for what Bob wants for his
Kingpin liked this
In addition to ccv66's points, any decent prop maker worth their salt would not have to resort to buying multiples of MattyCollector's Proton Gun in order to provide functionality for that part of the Proton Pack (which, amusingly, would actually be the most competently-created/assembled element of Bob's Proton Pack offerings).
Kingpin wrote: December 30th, 2018, 5:12 pm In addition to ccv66's points, any decent prop maker worth their salt would not have to resort to buying multiples of MattyCollector's Proton Gun in order to provide functionality for that part of the Proton Pack (which, amusingly, would actually be the most competently-created/assembled element of Bob's Proton Pack offerings).
I was going to mention this as well, I always thought it was odd that he puts these packs together but then attaches a Matty thrower to it. You would think if you’re building these props you’d be including your own thrower. But maybe that just reinforces the points Kingpin and CCV made about those packs.
Kingpin liked this
breckten wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:52 pm Hey all, I'm new here and interested in this topic. Has anyone heard or have experience with this store on etsy?

ProtonPropsUK

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ProtonPropsUK ... =837025019

-Brian
It's a guy called Dave Rotherham, really nice guy, trustworthy and works to a very high standard. If I was getting a commission build I'd definitely be more than happy using him.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]