So I recently purchased a Ben of Kent full sized proton pack from someone who no longer wanted it, but wanted to change out some of the parts for real parts from this site. I want to change out both Clippard parts, one on the pack itself and one on the proton gun as well. Will the metal parts fit? Also I wanted to change out some of the vinyl labels with metals ones, but the guy put the vinyl labels on, then clear coated over them. Will I be able to replace those as well? Little by little I am going to be switching out the parts. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
I have a BoK kit I am building myself. While his resin clippards, knobs and resistors and such are great I really wanted real and metal parts on mine. So far everything I have bought fit perfectly fine with no issues. As for the clear coat over the labels, I will leave that one for a more experienced builder to answer.
Spectregater wrote:As for the clear coat over the labels, I will leave that one for a more experienced builder to answer.
If you're going to purchase metal labels you should be able to just place them over the existing ones. All of the labels on the pack that are metal are on flat surfaces so it ideally wouldn't be too difficult
NoLarryOnlyZuul wrote: March 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Spectregater wrote:As for the clear coat over the labels, I will leave that one for a more experienced builder to answer.
If you're going to purchase metal labels you should be able to just place them over the existing ones. All of the labels on the pack that are metal are on flat surfaces so it ideally wouldn't be too difficult
Thanks for the reply, now are all the labels metallic on the pack, or are some vinyl, and only some metallic? I think I might just switch out a few of them. The pack I bought is a cross from GB 1 and GB 2, so I'm going to make it my own =) Thanks for the help.
The general consensus is that pretty much only the red warning label on the gearbox, the circular HGA label, and the blue label on the bumper are regularly metallic. You will occasionally see the large red label on the top of the pack done in a metal version but I believe the originals of those were of a foil type. All the others are vinyl.
Okay, thanks for the help on that. I have another question and am not sure you will have an answer for me or not. The way this person built this pack he used an epoxy and superglue to get the pack pieces to stay (IE: clippards, resistors, cabels) I want to take those off and replace them with real metal parts from this site. Would you know or does anyone know on this site how to remove the parts that have been installed like that? I’m asking how to remove parts that have been epoxied and superglued. I really want to spice this pack up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]