Hello all,

I'm a new member here at GBfans, although I have been lurking through these forums for a few years now reading all of the great advice, tips, and threads. I'm having a problem that I can't seem to resolve myself and am beyond frustrated. I have been modding a spirit Halloween pack for a friend of mine for a while. I have a pretty knowledgeable background when it comes to wiring, soldering, circuiting, movie props, etc etc. Although I do not claim to be an expert at all.

A little background: When we started the mod he originally just wanted the pack lights for comicon events/Halloween, so I did the research and suggested the arduino uno, got it all coded, wired and installed, and with most projects as time went on, we decided to go deeper down the rabbit hole and make his build as legit as possible for a short-film production that I'm working on. He decided that he wanted a larger to scale wand, so I researched and he ended up buying the ThrowingChicken wand build (which is great IMO), and we went with the GBfans wand light kit and soundboard.

Now, heres my problem. I have semi-finished getting the BlueBrick battery ready for installation, but I can't get the arduino lights in the pack to respond with the activation switch on the thrower/wand. The only way both work at the same time is if I connect the arduino P/N wires into the GBfans board P/N terminals. But then the pack lights stay on the whole time unless I turn the battery switch off. I've tried breaking the current, I've tried to draw power from the sound board and the AUX terminals (which I know the AUX terminals were designed for LED lights), I've tried everything I can think of. What am I doing wrong, forgetting to do, or haven't thought of? Thank you for your reply in advance.
Problem Solved. My dumb*ss didn't stop to think that I needed the positive wire from the blue brick to run straight to the pack lights, then have the negative on the center and outer prong of the switch to break the current. All is well. Just posted this update in case someone else has a brain fart like I did.
NotSabbat liked this

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]