By Magnus
Hi all, I am undertaking a complete rebuild of my pack. Other than the sound board everything has been made by me including lighting etc... However, I am at a crossroads with 2 things and would love some advice from the only people I know care as much about this as I do (my wife thinks I am a saddo!):

1) should I buy the 2016 sound board? is it a significant enough upgrade to the older one?
2) my pack has always been a matt finish. This has always given it quite a wooden look. The other day I bought some glossy black paint and primer mix. It does give it a more metallic look but I am also worried it makes it look too plastic and fake. See images below. Which is best do you think? (also excuse the frame. I would love an Alice frame but cannot justify it to the wife......yet lol)

By NGLetho
Unfortunately I cannot give any suggestions about the first question since I only have the newer boards.

I've always been a fan of the flat black look. I haven't hit the paint stage yet but my plan was to do majority of it flat and use gloss for very few parts to highlight. Like use the gloss on the raised ribs next to and below the hga. Or just gloss on the booster tube only.

BTW I really dig the coupler look that the tube is going in. Gives it a very mechanical look like it's supposed to be there :-)
By Venkman's Swagger
I've had both GBFans soundboards and there really isnt much difference tbh. Certainly no additional features.

I preferred the flat look over gloss. I and plenty others have used a satin finish which works perfectly. Give it a go and see what you think
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]