By mike304

I posted this on proptopia, wanted to show off here :mrgreen:

These pics are off my camera phone and are of shitty quality obviosly, I'll take some pics with the digi cam soon. The red stuff is bondo obviously, i started the finishing work already.
By GBFreek83
very, very nice work!!! How long did you it take you to get good at making the mold and cast? I'm sure you practiced with other stuff. Fiberglass is how I plan on doing mine! It just seems like the best way to go if you want make more than one pack, no? :) Do you have any pics of your boxes that you built for the mold? I'd love to see them and see how you made them :) Anyways, rock on, might good job, and hope to see more of your work later :) Flaunt on, flaunt on!

-Thiago
By mike304
i do have some pics of the original pack, sadly since I built it out of wood, foamboard and bondo, it didn't survive much of the demolding process. Believe it or not, I practiced making silicone molds when I made the molds for the little detail pieces, and the proton gun body mold. This was my first attempt at making the full size pack mold and it came out well. Fiberglass is the best for making multiple packs, that's for sure. But if you are goign to take this on, be prepared to spend at least 800.00 on supplies alone.
By GBFreek83
$800, oh yeah sure, that's not bad.....PSH, this project is definately in the future...the far, far future haah...BUT, it will happen, one way or another!! Rock on and enjoy your work, we sure are :)
By rook3
Very nice crisp details. Well done!

Russ
By ecto_skywalker
In the fifth picture down, it looks like there are peices of the mold laying there. Did you have to break the mold to get the finish product out?
By RoboProp
now that's sexy!

Darrin
By mike304
i had to cut the fiberglass jacket on one side into two pieces since it was being a little bastard and didn't want to come off when I tried pulling the insert out. It's cool though, I reassembled it with a few wood blocks and nuts and bolts so it's in one piece again right now, and when I do another I just unbolt the jacket into three pieces instead of two.

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]