NotSabbat wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 7:18 am The packs in the movies all used split loom as far as I know. Im also not sure what the plastic connector you are referring to is. Did you purchase the pack pre-built? can you post a picture of the plastic connector?
I am talking about the plastic IDC connectors at the end of the ribbon cable that connects the GBfans proton wand light kit to the GBfans Soundboard. I know going closed loom would make it hard to pass that ribbon through the loom because of its connector. After seeing that picture I may carefully slice the tube open and then run the cable. I have never sliced a ribbon cable or changed IDC connectors and I don't want to risk messing anything up.
I don't recall if I took any pictures of my method but I took a little tape, rolled the end of the cable so the connector was oriented vertically and taped it into shape. Then I taped a string to the end of that, and fed the whole thing through.
Christof wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 8:55 am I don't recall if I took any pictures of my method but I took a little tape, rolled the end of the cable so the connector was oriented vertically and taped it into shape. Then I taped a string to the end of that, and fed the whole thing through.
The sounds worth a shot! I would rather not cut the loom if I don't have to. I do kinda dig the screen acurate look of Egon's pack with the split loom and the electrical tape but I don't think anyone is really using split anymore on their packs lol.
Thanks for the advice!
Christof wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 8:55 am I don't recall if I took any pictures of my method but I took a little tape, rolled the end of the cable so the connector was oriented vertically and taped it into shape. Then I taped a string to the end of that, and fed the whole thing through.
I did exactly what you said and it was QUICK and easy and pain free!
Christof liked this

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]