By delta88
Kingpin wrote:
EnderWeggen wrote: April 16th, 2020, 7:47 pmPleas tell me its not A original 1984 Mold Negative.
I think that's a second-generation Universal Pack, so more likely a negative of one of the first generation packs built for the Spooktacular:

I think Kingpin is right.
Ok, I have to ask, is there any chance of sale or trade? I've been specifically collecting Spooktacular memorabilia for years and have some amazing things - but not a prop. I honestly don't know how I missed this. Let me know!
By delta88
Ghostbuster1984 wrote:Ok, I have to ask, is there any chance of sale or trade? I've been specifically collecting Spooktacular memorabilia for years and have some amazing things - but not a prop. I honestly don't know how I missed this. Let me know!
I've wanted a Universal pack for a long time. So chances are I'm gonna hold on to it for a while. I'll put you on the list if I should ever change my mind.
By Kingpin
It's been a bit of a while since this topic was last active, but I came across what I believe is a new photo from the old Spooktacular. There's been a few photos of USF's Louis character, but this is the first one I've seen where he was wearing a blue Proton Pack:

Upon closer inspection of the Pack and Thrower, it looks like this was an effort by Universal Studios Florida to feature a Real Ghostbusters-style Pack (while still using the familiar modified film-style Pack shell worn by the other Ghostbusters until The Great Frightway).

By Rookie99
That kind of pack, right? This comes from an upload by OnlyDGreat, and you can see Louis wearing it during the climax. Wonder if any of them still exist, or with the rumors about Universal doing something else with the Ghostbusters it would be brought back.
Kingpin, EnderWeggen liked this
By Kingpin
Rookie99 wrote: February 14th, 2024, 9:12 pm Wonder if any of them still exist, or with the rumors about Universal doing something else with the Ghostbusters it would be brought back.
Some of them may still exist, as evidenced by the two USF Packs that were auctioned a while back, and the other that used to be on display at Planet Hollywood in New York... But there may not be any left at USF. I recall seeing a photo of USF's Ecto-1 replica after the show came to an end, and it had been stripped of it's Ghostbusters-specific parts, meaning the Pack props may've either been disposed of or "walked off the lot".

If there is anything new Ghostbusters-wise, I'd assume USF would make new props (or reuse the ones from the 2019 Halloween Horror Nights) rather than reuse any leftovers from the 1990s.
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
RiverofSlime wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:58 pm So this was some kind of live show like the Indiana Jones Stunt Show at Disney?
Yep.

Back in 1990, Universal Studios Florida debuted "Ghostbusters: A Live Action Spooktacular" (most commonly shortened to "Spooktacular" these days), a stage show framed as a studio set tour, which ended up taking a turn into the paranormal as it became a live version of the temple battle with Gozer in both it's bubble suit and Stay Puft configurations... In addition to large practical props, the show also featured an elaborate Pepper's Ghost effect to feature proton stream effects.

On top of that, Universal also had an approximation of the Firehouse, a reasonable replica of Ecto-1, and had people in Ghostbusters uniforms and equipment walking through the park. The Spooktacular ran for three years in this configuration, then it had a small update starting in 1993, until the indoor stage portion closed in 1996.

After 1996, the show was "succeeded" by an outdoor show featuring the Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice... With later versions of this show taking some inspiration from Extreme Ghostbusters, before that came to an end in 2005.

You can read a little more about it, as well as see some photos and videos of the old shows here.
RiverofSlime liked this

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]