By ecto_skywalker
I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not, but there are two different ways the frabric loops are sewn to the straps. Atleast half of the shots I've seen in GB2 have the style strap I am pointing to in the picture below (the fabric strips cross each other). That is the style I am looking for, but I only have one.

Does anyone know where I can buy that style, I have searched ebay and about 10 other websites and can't find them... If I could find exactly what I want, it would be the extra thick straps from Ghostbusters II... I'm making my costume accurate to Venkman's in the battle against Vigo. In those scenes he has the extra thick straps and the fabric loops cross each other. Plus, incase nobaody noticed, they are all wearing the black pistol belts in that sequence.

Anyway, if any one can help me find those particular straps. I would appreciate it. :D

By ecto_skywalker
Anybody? :D
By Ecto96
Apparently not. I think those straps are army surplus parachute straps, try some online surplus stores? Dunno's >.>
By Ecto96
I would do that myself, but I don't know of any around me that are open on weekends or past 5 T.T
By ecto_skywalker
Great suggestions, both of you... Been there, done that.
By ecto_skywalker
RoboProp wrote: Sad to say, China makes aftermarket US military goods. Try this place...

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?p ... 82&TabID=1

The thick padded straps in GB2 were most likely fabricated. There is a commercial upgrade available called Super Straps but they're a bit different...

http://www.ustacticalsupply.com/alicepacks.shtml

Darrin

Thanks for the info!... I think you could be right about them being fabricated. I saw a picture of a screne used GBII pack and it looked like those thicker pads were actuallly seperate from the strap itself(?).

As I said before, I would still like to find straps that have the fabric strips crossing each other, like the strap I'm pointing to in the picture below. It seems like that style was used quite a bit in the movies... To make a long story short, I use to have two in that style and ended up with one. And can't get it back, my resource I had for military stuff is no longer in the
military. :x

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]