By Mat
XxEctOxX wrote:thats cool mat. whats your thread link to your pack so i can see your work
It's on here somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. On mine, I'd like to redo the ion arm (it's twisted somewhat, lol), add crucial details and fix the areas I rushed last year.

AHA! I dunno how much of a help it'll be though. The thing I found the hardest was scaling everything.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=2&t=2675

This is a more recent picture, I was playing around with the web camera in my laptop. I actually have halloween off this year! Going out to the bar is great (Which is what I did last year the weekend that week), but this year I get to go around the neighborhood with the girlfriend and her daughter (vampire princess this year, I think last year she went as a dead midevil witch, lol) *Stoked*

Back on subject, I like the idea of putting lights in the ion arm! I think it'll add a lot to the overall "coolness" factor.

Your "Wack Pack" looks upset, as if to say, "C'mon, man! A little TLC and I can be better than ever too!"
MAT i remember your pack now! we chit chatted on your thread back when u were making it. it turned out good. well ya the wack pack is just to much of a hassle to rip apart and fix it. i guess ill just have it just in case some one wants to be a ghostbuster with me. on that note IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT LIVES IN NEW YORK AND IS GOING TO THE PARADE!!! HELLLLLLLO
Last edited by XxEctOxX on October 1st, 2008, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ok so today i had an hour. so i thought it out and desided to take apart the ion arm and make in an inch shorter. it was just sticking out way to far and i didnt want to be at a party and turn around and knock some guy in the face and then he would get pissed and beat me up. so ya i made it a little shorter. i also had a chance to pick up the other LED bar for the ion arm and was able to work on it more. the only thing left to do e for paint is cut it to a curve. And well i put lights in the ion arm cuz i remember seeing in a few episodes yellow light glowing out from the slits. tell me what you guys think.

If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

ghstbstr4lyfe yes that would be great thank you. im gonna go now and take some weight off the pack
just trying to cut the weight down. i hope i have a chance to work on my pack today. :sigh:

hey everyonei have a update plus a little "side project". first off as far as my pack goes. i curved my ion arm, put the LED lens on the top on the arm. i cut holes for the(i dont know what we should call it, ill call in the POWER DOME!) lol well ya so i got the switches and LED lens in there as well. i also cut some more weight from the pack. lemme know what you think guys

as far as my side project goes that i wanted to get out of the way. A friend of mine is going to the parade with me and i wanted to suprize um with a pack for the night. nothing to fancy. i didnt want to loan out my old one. so i made a RGB FOAM BOARD PACK in 6 hours. its really choppy i know i know. but its good for one night. and if it brakes its all good. ps i lit up the cycltron and the ion arm lemme know what you think guys

Last edited by XxEctOxX on October 4th, 2008, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazing for the developement time!

It looks like you have screws holding the styrene to the foam cyclotron.. how is the foam attached to the styrene?
Looking amazing man! There were some great shots of the pack I found in Deadcon 1. Unfortunately, they're on my other computer. You may not need them at this point :D It had a few great gun details as well as some great close up shots of the pack though it seems you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything! :lol: Great job.
Gareee as far as the foam board pack goes. the only thing i used besides a knife and paint was a hot glue gun. thats all. and zack i would really like to see those pictures, of the gun and the pack
Hey man everythings looking great, i didnt have time to read the whold thread but who did you decide to go as? You should do winston than youll have 3 down and 1, to go. Keep me posted i'm following your work i think your attention to detail is amazing, the colors of the suits from the past are exact on point, great job brah...keep me Posted!

:whatever:
Ah.. maybe those are predrilled holes in the for sale sign styrene?

I used spry glue today on my foam, and that worked out brilliantly. Not sure if it's what i want to use to attach the synchronous generator to the motherboard though.
nick-a-tron wrote:
ghstbstr4lyfe wrote:Image
**off topic warning**
which episode of RGB is this from? and can anyone provide a link to it anywhere?

carry on.....

episode is called citizen ghost
there is 3 parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9NmqaoW50M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8z9wzWnuas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNkKHbpq64

sorry for the off topic discussion
hey guys i got an update. some good news and some really bad..... Well to start i took yesterday making all the pipes for the pack. the one that took the longest was the one with the spiral. i taped the pvc pipe with the design and then dremeled the crap out of it. i still have to connect all 3 of those and round off the edges. but ya down to the bad part of the build since i do not know a freaking thing when it comes to electronics, i had my friend who knew some stuff to set my lights up. buttttt all the lights i bought were from autozone. he said that the lights were not designed to run off batteries. it was suppose to be on a car. My question to you guys if you ever bought your lights there and if so what was your source of power? and how long did they last for? PLEASE HELP!! if not i have to stop building my pack.

Last edited by XxEctOxX on October 6th, 2008, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMG! That's dremel work??? Wouldn't it have been easier to just wrap some of those foam insulation tape strips around it instead?

I don't even want to ask how long that took!

Other people have mentioned that led car lights can still be used with regular batteries.. but you'll still need a switch of some kind.

Maybe you could use a flashlight with a belt clip on it, run wires from it to your pack, and then use the flashlight switch on your belt to turn the lights on and off, but the flashlight can still look like some of your belt equipment? One with D batteries might have enough power for the whole pack, but still last long enough for extended use?

(I'm just guessing on the power consumption, and know jack squat about electronic needs)
If you know the voltage required, you could probably match it using batteries. Being for a car, it's safe to say that they're DC, not AC.

I don't know much about electronics (basic wiring, that's about it!), but in other trades I've found that a lot of times "not designed for" translates into "Make it work!"

The tube looks great! I've seen guys do that to their hammer handles with an angle grinder and a 1/4" hard disk, though it's different when cutting into a solid chunk of wood. I'd imagine that if you went too deep into the pvc and went right through the wall that you'd have to start the part over!

How's your new pack for weight so far?

IMO, Subliminally, you've convinced me to put some work into my gun this year. aaaaaallright! Last year was getting most of a pack, this year it's adding more details to the gun. Next year? who knows! Big switch on the gun is now yellow, light switch frame is now blue and more stuff will be done in the near future.
thank you Mat and Gareee for the response to my question. i ended up calling the RGBLI (the real ghostbusters of long island) and Chris helped me out a ton, we used a 8 AA battery project box. and ran it for an hour with no problem. I cant thank these guys enough, you have been so much help and i am in debt to you. As you can see Chris is working on things and it will be most likely ready by friday so i can seal it up and paint for the weekend. Tomorrow i am going to make the bumper and a few other nick nacks. Kudos to Chris and the rest of the long island crew.

thank you!!!!

Last edited by XxEctOxX on October 9th, 2008, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right on bud! Those look awesome!

I don't know if you've landed on a pack to gun "hose" yet, but If you can find some extension cord cable about 1/2" in diameter, it looks pretty close to the show!

Another thought I was having about the grips, if you use foam pipe insulation and wrap it in electrical tape and instead of brown ductape, you might get a smoother finished product if you paint over it with brown acrylic paint. It's rubbery and flexible and might be something to try. Just a thought!

Another grip alternative, odd as it may sound, is on the rare chance that you find foam broom handle grips. A few of the brooms at work have them, except the foam is coated in a blue coating as opposed to brown. They'd be perfect!
Soooooooooo it was a day wasted today. I could have done alot more but i just dragged the day by daydreaming of other things on the pack. so when it came around to doing stuff i have little to show but its still an update! Today i made the bumper but i didnt make the hook on the left side that holds the trap hose. Also today i drilled the holes and bought the silver U rings that hold the pipe in place. I also glued the 3 pvc pipes with the design going around it together. tomorrow i will cut the coners of them and fill it in and make them rounded. let me hear what you got to say guys.

Winston's hook in that shot is backwards I believe, and I have studied how those guns hook for years now and as near as i can tell, unless I'm missing something painfully obvious, their mounting system will not work in real life the way it is presented in the show (well maybe if the metal hook on the bottom of the gun box has nothing to do with the hooking to the pack, but then again why would it be there and there be a hole, that I would assume was for it on the mount). I have figured out a way that it could work similarly if anyone is interested let me know I'll see what I can draw up.
thanks Zack for the photos. i think i might go for the normal V hook mount. which i need soooo if theres anyone out there selling one or has a spare please let me know!!!!!

As for the update the RGBLI finished up with the lighting and it looks freaking great!!!!!!! i took a video so i will make a post with a video link from youtube later today. yesterday i had a little time so i made some cuts and filled it up with epoxy, let it set then sanded then cut the lines into it. I also made this thingy i just call it a paper weight cuz thats what my friend said it looked like. I put some wood filler and will sand it down today. I also put the first coat of wood filler on the ion arm. BUT THE LIGHTS ARE SICK!!!!! video will but up later!!!! ahhhhhhh thanks guys!

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]