For users in: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming.
By pseadynamo
My next door neighbor says I need to go to this in my gear. I have never been and I heard its mostly a fantasy
+sci fi group. I saw on the schedule that instead of a costume contest they have a "masquerade". To be in it you have to go to a pre-meeting where you learn the rules (no nudity and what else could there be?) and submit your music. No really, you have to have music that matches your costume. LOL.
Anyway, my neighbor is going as Obi Wan Kenobe and I might (not sure yet) just wander around and hit the buffet and the sci-fi panels in my GB gear... is anyone else in Seattle going? I expect it to be more like wizards, elfs and hobbits when I get there...

http://www.norwescon.org/2012/04/09/nor ... 8-31-2013/
By pseadynamo
Ok so it turns out Norwescon is mostly about Fantasy and board games. There's some outer-space Sci Fi but everyone is more into Hobbits and Harry Potter and that sorta thing. I decided at the last minute to go as a Star Wars Jedi. It was easy and doesn't weight 35lbs. I did see some very impressive medieval looking body armor and even ladies wearing chain mail. So it was cool but not really the venue for say Ghostbusters costume (but the costume contest itself might be ok). Get this: if you want to enter the costume contest you have to submit an mp3 "theme song" for you to stroll out to 2 days in advance.
By Desslok
Yeah, Norwescon was never very Media-centric. Mostly fantasy, literature, a pretty solid art show. If you want media and anime, you are better off with Emerald City Comic Con.,

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]