For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
hello, my name is simon (hold all SNL/mike meyers references), i'm 23, and i recently moved from the midwest to los angeles. i have had a strong love for ghostbusters since before my memory even started keeping records. in fact, the first toys i can remember getting are indeed RGB toys. my other favorite thing is writing songs. i currently perform as a solo act here and there in the LA area. originally, i had plans to reform my full band project, which disbanded back home. its tough doing either of those things since a) i dont know anybody, and b) nobody knows me. big dreams. big city. few open ears. fewer open minds. too many 2-3 worded sentences in a row. so i've resorted to writing some more 'acoustic appropriate' songs. here's the thing, though: no one really gets to hear these songs except myself and the handful of friends from back home who are still close. oh yeah, and my mom too. so, how do you know if you're good if the only people who hear/see/read what you do 'have to' say that you're good? any artist knows that when they create something, they want to share it with as many people as possible. these days, promoting music, especially self-promoting, has about the same success rate as a homeless person asking for bus money outside of a well known neighborhood crack house. maybe it depends on where you live, but it seems that all the spam promoting of bands on myspace and other similar sites has really pushed people away, making it an annoyance even to people who used to get excited about searching for new music. it seems useless now, when i used to always think that was the great thing about myspace. i write songs so people can hear them. if i did it for the money, i would end up another homeless person asking you for bus money outside of a well known neighborhood crackhouse.
all i'm sayin is...
these are my babies:
http://www.myspace.com/simonneedsaband
friends and criticism welcome
-simon.

PS-
any LA area drummers, bassists, or keyboardists reading this?
just a hint

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?