For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
By Fifthrider
I know it's a wee tad early to be posting about this but I'm putting it up here now for the sheer "I told you so" value of it.

All 4-day Comic-Con 2011 passes that include Preview Night are sold out. They sold out at Con 2010 by the end of it's fourth day, almost a full year in advance. Regular 4-day passes and individual 1-day passes are still available FOR NOW.

Each year the speed at which Comic-Con tickets sell out is even faster than the year before. For example Con 2010's 4-day pass ( with preview night ) sold out around November 2009 the year before. By March 2010 the con was sold out and the remaining months contained only rare instances of snagging a pass if someone who already bought one decided to give it up or scalp it.

It is ludicrous to expect to go to Comic-Con 2011 and not buy your tickets now. I'm going to guess that by November 2010 all 4-day passes will be gone and probably all of the 1-day passes as well.

If any of you post about wanting to buy a pass to Con ( or inquiring if anyone here knows of a way in ) I swear to God I will be all over you with a firehose filled with "I told you so" and in my absence, probably some of this forum's other members. I'm trying to let those interested parties know that acting on this now is probably wiser than letting it slide until later then coming here with your tail between your legs looking for a glimmer of hope.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
Thanks for the heads up man. I'm trying to go for atleast 2 days next year and try to be more prepared. Next chance I get I'm buying individual tickets. Almost not getting in this year after an hour ride on a Trolly sporting pack was just scary. :sigh:
By Fifthrider
Sorry to hear about the trolley ride. I used to work for that agency. I try to avoid riding it nowadays. Too many bad memories.

Vincenzo330 wrote:I should have bought my tickets while I was there but I had my niece and nephew with me on Sunday and they didn't want to wait in any more lines :(
Vinny, I have supreme confidence that you will get in, even if it means sneaking in the back door. :twisted:
By SlimeGuy
Wait, I just went to the website and saw nothing about 2011. My wife and I want to go, but if they aren't selling them online how do we get tickets? Were they only available AT the con?

Fifth, how do you know they sold out? Is there a way to order them now that I'm just not seeing?
By Fifthrider
Because I BOUGHT THEM ALL!!! ( Rubs hands together ) BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAA!!!!

Tickets for the next year are typically sold at Con and then, some while later, they go on sale online. I was under the impression that they were currently available online at this time but in checking their site about 2 weeks ago I saw that wasn't the case. Sorry for the semi-false alarm but trust me, when they go on sale the 4-day-with-Preview-Night ones are already gone, and the regular 4-day passes will go fast. ...within a day or two is my guess.
By GB Ty
Well if we already have to start planning on buying tickets, for those who can only afford a 1-day pass (like me) we need to start talking about what day to go on.
By xtrmn8r17
Lunch was ghey, hopefully we'll have a better turn out this year. Spaghetti factory wasnt such a good idea after all.
By Fifthrider
Oh, um, about that...

I feel partially to blame since I recommended that in the first place. ....and then didn't show up for it. Sorry.

So on Friday I ended up going to the pub that Jeff Teel recommended back on the Comic-Con 2010 blog and you know what? He was right. It was WAY better. The food was better and there was a chair for every proton pack. No pack had to sit on the ground. I felt awful knowing that things turned out this good and yet down the street you guys were packed in there. I figured Old Spaghetti Factory had more room thus more places to put things and... Well...

Utinni619's pub idea was way, way better.
By Dr. Ray Stantz
A little late man, Speghetti Factory was less than savory, but I had a good enough time just being with the gang. Lets definantly try to make the turn out for next year INSANE. We have to take it back from Twilight and Tru-Blood. God only knows what terrible plauge will shadow the conventions sticky corners next year.

With some luck there will be some solid GB3 news within the next year. Whatever 'BIG' was supposed to be there this year never showed.
By cowbybill
I'm planning on going next year, what's a good cheap hotel down there? Gotta save money for all the stuff for sale!!!
By fifth_beatle
In case anyone is interested about getting tickets to Comic-Con, they have tried offering them on November 1st and Nov 22nd, and both times, the server crashed.

Keep checking back to their home page for the next time they will be holding registration.

Oh, and as a side note, I plan on being there. Provided they get their website fixed...and I can actually, oh, I dunno, BUY a ticket.
By Utinni
Now everyone knows our secret lunch stop! lol j/k. Yeah we tend to head to The Field Irish Pub for lunch most of the days cause it's usually JUST far enough that it's never too busy and has AWESOME FOOD, sorry no wings there, but Hooters is like 2 more blocks up. Now, if it's a BIG group I'd suggest Joes Crab Shack right behind the Con on the water, MORE space for Packs. We've been eating at the Field for the last 10 years of attending SDCC and also eat there throughout the year, so they know us and always expect us to come in a couple times during Con. And they have Black Thorn Cider ON TAP!!!

As is gets closer to Con, I'll call them and see if we can reserve the upstairs for lunch one day!

- Jeff

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]