For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
By o0Ecto1A0o
Hello, My name is Tim. I have been a huge fan of the ghostbusters ever sense I saw it on VHS when my parents rented the player. So that pretty much make me a lifetime fan.

I want to start a new franchise in the Southern California area. I know there a few in the San Diego area, and there are the Ghostbusters of Southern California. Unfortunately they are not "Hiring" right now. They are an amazing group of guys who have definitely set the standard for Ghostbusting.

But as I said they are not hiring. So I propose to start a new Franchise in the Los Angeles area. I have not really seen any other groups so I would like to start a new one. I know there are lots of Ghostheads in the SoCal area.

So if you are interested in joining a startup franchise please let me know.

Thank you for your time!! :cool:
SacGB-Alex liked this
By xtrmn8r17
Everyone has to go through me if they want to start a new group in CA. I am in charge of everything Ghostbuster related in this region!

Just pulling your leg, relax.

But really? Another GB group in So-Cal?

Maybe call it, "The Real LA-IE-SD GBs of Southern California"

Is there anyone left in SoCal that wants to be part of a group? Hmm well I guess every so often someone... somewhere... decides to build a pack. Heck, i just spent the last month building a pack for my buddy and I bet he's eager to get out there and dress up again and hang out with people who are interested in the same thing.

I can see where your coming from, wanting to be part of a group and not being able to join and wanting to go out and start your own group....

Ya know, I once knew some people who felt the same way, they wanted to join those So-Cal GBs so they could too dress up and play ghostbusters and catch pretend ghosts and point at the camera saying "We're ready to believe you!" And quote the movie a million times and act out the elevator scene for shits and giggles.

They wanted that! They wanted to take part in all that glorious fun, but they couldn't. "Nope" they said, "sorry" they said "We're at Max capacity" they said.
So they went out and started their own group called "IEGB" and we all know how that turned out. But the fact is, they started a group and they had quite a few members.

So maybe if you build it, they will come.

Do we need another Ghostbusters group in Southern California? Probably not, but I don't think anyone's going to stop you.

I consider myself retired and could care less if another group pops up in CA, but have you asked other groups beside those southern California guys if you can join? What if you and IEGB team up? Idk if they still exist anymore but they have an ecto...
By o0Ecto1A0o
Thanks cowbybilll for the heads up! I did some searching probably not good enough though! I am really surprised that there are not more gb groups in the la region.

Thanks xtrmn8r17, actually have a pretty sweet name and set up designed. Maybe if I build it they will come. Who knows. Kinda sounds like they burned you in the past, sorry about that bro!

I really do like the idea of using the gb franchise to help charity. It is awesome to go out and do something to help other people feel better. Even if you do not raise money, putting a smile on someone's face is equally rewarding to me.
By Fifthrider
xtrmn8r17 wrote:Everyone has to go through me if they want to start a new group in CA. I am in charge of everything Ghostbuster related in this region!

Just pulling your leg, relax.

But really? Another GB group in So-Cal?

Honestly, joking around or not, I'd have no problem with xtrmn8r17 being the go-to guy for all things "So-Cal."

I'm completely with you on the "another group?!" comment but in the long run I don't care if there's a dozen groups or one uber-group, not as long as we somehow had someone who was willing to step up and act as the dispatcher/organizer. God knows I'm not and I can't think of anyone else who would.

Retired from it, eh? I owe you a beer next time I see you at Sean's. Welcome to the grumpy old man club, it's nice over here. ;-)
By Some_Guy
o0Ecto1A0o wrote:Anyone know any history on the group???
WELL.

Ah.

Mm.

Two members were arrested for...something that shall not be named to avoid post deletion. Before that I know their Ecto has an obnoxiously tall lightbar they refuse to remove or lower...

That's all I personally know about them, however. The Arrests really put a large smear on them, but I have no idea if anyone around that area or community still remember/care to remember it.
Fifthrider liked this
By SacGB-Alex
Forming your own group comes with a lot of challenges but ultimately the rewards can be great. I am in the Sacramento Gbostbusters (SacGB). There were a few other groups in the area, since we had the numbers to fulfill the minimum requirement for a franchise we decide to go all out and form our own. Joining a group has benefits of experiences and also people can share gear and equipment. We had to build, buy, and supply our own gear from scratch (gets pretty expensive). We are doing our best to work with the other teams in our area and are happy to have branched out and participated in many event through out Northern California well as making a good name for ourselves in our home town.
Cory GB Maine liked this
By cowbybill
My one question is? Why the hell are all the folks wanting to join franchises down south?
We're always hiring but for some reason they always change their minds after they see the cost involved.
If you do start your own group my only advice would be, get out and start making contacts with the comic stores, con promoters, etc..
and it never hurts to meet the other franchises and team up with them on events when you're first starting out.
If you do get a group going shoot me, or any of the franchises a line and we'll add your group to the pacific Ghostbusters Coalition.
By o0Ecto1A0o
Alrighty, First off:
SacGB-Alex & cowbybill - Thanks for alot of useful information! Cowbybill, that is kinda far to drive, (that is, if that was a informal invitation to join your group.) I do have family in the bay area, so who knows! I will get in touch with the con promoters and comic store owners in the area and in my home town to get the word out!

After talking with almost all of the IEGB members, they seem like a pretty cool bunch. There was an issue with two of there members. One plead out and no longer a member and the other is pretty much in the clear. I was informed they have regrouped, reformed and are ready for action.

SO on that note, cowbybill can you please add them to the pacific Ghostbusters Coalition. I am excited to start raising some money for charity and busting some ghosts!!!

Now, as for anyone else who might have a problem with that group. Get over it, last time I checked we are all presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, by a jury of our peers. I am sure that is franchise is not the first, nor will it be the last to have "Problems". Remember people we are all here to have fun, raise money for charity, and celebrate all things ghostbusters. This community of fans should all be here to help and support each other. Well, that is my opinion anyways.

Well thanks for listening to my soapbox moment

Are their people on this site in multiple groups or is that a taboo thing to do?
By cowbybill
for some reason I can't add them. tell them to shoot me a request to join and I'll put them in, I've also shot them a message on facebook..
Also if you shoot me a request I'll add you as well!
By AJ Quick
o0Ecto1A0o wrote:Now, as for anyone else who might have a problem with that group. Get over it, last time I checked we are all presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, by a jury of our peers. I am sure that is franchise is not the first, nor will it be the last to have "Problems". Remember people we are all here to have fun, raise money for charity, and celebrate all things ghostbusters. This community of fans should all be here to help and support each other. Well, that is my opinion anyways.
We were trying to help you.

As far as that whole innocent until proven guilty thing? Yeah. Did you miss the whole thing? The fact that one of them admitted it right away, and the fact that there is video evidence of an IEGB member
This Post Contains Spoilers
?

You sit there and say every franchise has 'problems'. Seriously? That franchise has two criminals in it. The fact that it still exists AT ALL, shows you the caliber of the people who are in it. Do you honestly want to associate with that?
Vee, JoeLuna33, Jairus liked this
By Chace
AJ Quick wrote:You sit there and say every franchise has 'problems'. Seriously? That franchise has two criminals in it. The fact that it still exists AT ALL, shows you the caliber of the people who are in it. Do you honestly want to associate with that?
Naa man, they're cool.

By Fifthrider
Even if you disregard the 2 members who traded in their GB flightsuit for an orange jumpsuit, there's the atrocity that is their NASCAR sticker covered sponsormobile with a lightbar that God himself can use as a stepladder when descending to Earth. As for the remaining members, I recall proton packs that were so bad I couldn't rationalize it as "Well, at least they were trying" and just had to admit that it was soup cans and children's beach toys glued to a backpack.

Ya know, some people, they keep away from the leper colony. Then again, others try to show the world how cool it is to go hang out with the lepers so they can prove how wrong society was about those poor people. ...and then they come down with leprosy.
Vincenzo330 liked this
By o0Ecto1A0o
WOW, That is a lot of hostility. If I offended you by playing devil advocate I apologize.

When I was in the USFS we were only as strong as our weakest link. I was just trying to bring some of that here to make the community better. I guess that it is not well received.

I am just trying to help out other people, understand situations, and get information. I still do not, nor will I ever, understand the hostility of this site.

Aj, thanks for the insight, I hope you, Chace, and xtrmn8r17 can see where I am coming from. I am just trying to help guys!
By TheRockman
o0Ecto1A0o wrote:I am sure that (th)is franchise is not the first, nor will it be the last to have "Problems".
Oh no man, I "hear" ya (I don't really hear you, cuz I'm in the internet, lulz).

It was probably just bitches being bitches, amirite? I mean, ya just never know when "problems" like "sexual penetration with a foreign object" and "unlawful sexual intercourse" are going to crop up in a fan organization. I mean it's Ghostbusters for Christ's sake!

Peter Venkman, much like Tracy the Gorilla before him, was a purely sexual being! Putting on a loose-fitting military jumpsuit alone could, at any time, turns us into rampaging sexual beasts that would make our ancestors weap with shame! Just gotta be on your guard, is all.
o0Ecto1A0o wrote:WOW, That is a lot of hostility.
Yeah we're just a bunch of cranky ol' farts hatin' on everyone's fun. Sorry 'bout that.

Yo AJ, I propose you send out a letter to the internet to let them know to be nicer to visitors who want to blindly associate with groups with unrepentant, convicted rapists leading the charge. Even if they weren't trying to be mean or snarky to begin with, because they were just trying to bring some helpful info to light. This attitude makes people sad and nobody is allowed to have their feelings hurt on the internet.

I assume you have the internet's email address handy because reasons.
o0Ecto1A0o wrote:When I was in the USFS we were only as strong as our weakest link.
This is so true, dawg (can I call you dawg?). I guess we all have that time in our life when we just have to learn to get along with those ONE OR TWO GUYS in the group that rape teenagers. They're just weak is all. Though, by association, the group is as weak as they are. So maybe we should help them become stronger! Perhaps stronger rapists!

Oh, and one more thing...
Ketchum, AJ Quick liked this
By o0Ecto1A0o
Oh Rockman, is it cool if I call you Rockman..

You obsessively cannot see where I am coming from. I could throw more mud, we could verbally scrap it out. You would cry. I would cry. Hugs all around.

DO you think in the slightest I condone or accept what they have done. You are a fool. If I had my way, every sexual predator would have a bullet in their head.

What do you, seriously, know about making a group better? What are your ideas? I would really like to hear them. In no way would I want to help anyone be a better sexual predator, I was talking about the rest of the group. Why should they pay for two of their members actions? What do you care, they are not associating with you.

You obsessively have no idea of the way the world we live in works. There will be people who are going too ruin the fun for everyone, in every organization, everywhere. How you deal with it, shows who you really are and what you are about. Sweep it under the rug and forget about it(your way), or look at the challenge at hand and see how can I make this better. How do I make this problem successful.(My way) Who knows, I might meet them all and say to heck with this.

Sorry, this is typed on the internet and I can't draw it out in crayon with the "r"'s reversed for you. So you can understand it better.

So Rockman. Keep doing whatever it is you feel you need to do. I will do what ever I feel I need too.

Oh and fyi,
This Post Contains Spoilers
TheRockman liked this
By JoeLuna33
This thing is getting a little out of hand. Sorry o0Ecto1A0o but I'm going to lock this thread. Please take the warnings about the IEGB's seriously.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]