For users in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, & Utah.
By cowbybill
The Bay Area Ghostbusters Have just received conformation that we will be hosting a Fan table at SDCC next year! We hope to share the table with the 2 other Nor-cal franchises, and hopefully it can be a meeting place for all GBs to meet up and Talk!
Needless to say the BAGB is extremely excited about this as it may be the only chance for many of us to be able to go!
By SacGB-Alex
Sacramento Ghostbusters would like to that thank you for the invitations, You can count us in! Anything we can do to assist in co-hosting the table, please let us know! We are very excited and look forward to COMIC CON! We hope we can gather a large group of Ghostbusters and have a meetup with other teams.
Rodimus, o0Ecto1A0o liked this
By cowbybill
If there are any Ghostbusters at the con who would like to help out and work a few hours we are welcoming you to stop by and hang out for a few hours.
We don't have much to offer yet as a way of thanks but we are working on a few ideas.
The Bay Area team is very much looking forward to seeing everyone from Wondercon again as well as meeting new folks!
We will be short staffed at SDCC as they only allotted us 4 passes for the event and were unable to get anymore for our people.
By IPv6Freely
My wife and I were going to go, but with this being the first time we'd ever thought about it, we didnt know you have to already be on a list ahead of time for tickets (or something - she looked into it, not me).

Bummer.
By cowbybill
IPv6Freely wrote:My wife and I were going to go, but with this being the first time we'd ever thought about it, we didnt know you have to already be on a list ahead of time for tickets (or something - she looked into it, not me).

Bummer.
If you still want to go, register for an ID on the SDCC site that way when the cancelled tickets go on sale (sometime in June) you will be able to have another chance at getting tickets
By cowbybill
For all the Ghostbusters going here is where we will be located in the fan tables if you want to drop by and say "Hi":
By Fifthrider
Troy Friggen Benjamin! So good to know you're still around. You and your website were one of my original inspirations back in the day. That whole "...just a guy" is kind of deceptive, if not for you and Sean I'm not sure if I'd be where I'm at now.

As for your guys with the fan table at SDCC, congrats. I know how hard those are to go. Based on your location you'll be taking up the old "Dr. Steele" table which is overdue. A fan of Steele myself, that intellectual property went stale about 5 years ago and Ryan no longer portrays the character so yeah, that table needed to be replaced. Glad it's you guys.

If you want, I have things I can loan out for the booth. Eric and I made a 10' x 8' backdrop of the firehouse interior ( below ). We always planned to use it for our own fan table but so far that hasn't panned out. We made a Jeanine desk, the phone, her nameplate, the alarm button, etc. If you guys wanted to borrow any and all, let me know.

Also, I'll probably spend every con cruising around the surrounding streets of Con ( Joe's Crab Shack out back, the streets of Gaslamp, etc. ) If you need to shuttle people to and from, keep my number handy. I can bring you past the police checkpoint and right to the back steps of comic-con. I've also got a full repair shop in the car so if anything goes wrong with any GB related prop, we can do repairs in the car in a hurry and get you back up and running.

I think you guys still have my phone number from Wondercon. If not, PM me as Con draws nearer ( this Con or next, or any Comic-Con for that matter ) and we'll be happy to respond and/or shuttle.

....unless it's Borzou, and then we just drive off and leave the guy stranded. ( Still feel bad about that. )
cowbybill liked this
By Troy
You're too kind -- long time no speak, sir. It's been too long since the last time I saw you (and what's funny is that YOU and Sean are the guys that I still owe for helping me build my first pack).

Good to see you around these parts too. I'm still around from time to time, lurking more than anything... and feeling like the old man who doesn't know anybody any more.

Hopefully I'll see you around SD next week, when you say you'll be cruising - I take it that you'll be in your fine looking Ecto?
By ramcuda
Wow its getting closer to SDCC.. got all the stuff loaded into the truck for the fan table and then a few surprises to ...
I hope to meet some of you SoCal guys there... Drop by the Table and get Busted !!!
By JoeLuna33
Does anyone have a badge that they won't be using on any of the 4 days of sdcc? If so hit me up, a couple of our guys missed out and would love have an opportunity to go for a day.
By cowbybill
Fifthrider wrote:Troy Friggen Benjamin! So good to know you're still around. You and your website were one of my original inspirations back in the day. That whole "...just a guy" is kind of deceptive, if not for you and Sean I'm not sure if I'd be where I'm at now.

As for your guys with the fan table at SDCC, congrats. I know how hard those are to go. Based on your location you'll be taking up the old "Dr. Steele" table which is overdue. A fan of Steele myself, that intellectual property went stale about 5 years ago and Ryan no longer portrays the character so yeah, that table needed to be replaced. Glad it's you guys.

If you want, I have things I can loan out for the booth. Eric and I made a 10' x 8' backdrop of the firehouse interior ( below ). We always planned to use it for our own fan table but so far that hasn't panned out. We made a Jeanine desk, the phone, her nameplate, the alarm button, etc. If you guys wanted to borrow any and all, let me know.

Also, I'll probably spend every con cruising around the surrounding streets of Con ( Joe's Crab Shack out back, the streets of Gaslamp, etc. ) If you need to shuttle people to and from, keep my number handy. I can bring you past the police checkpoint and right to the back steps of comic-con. I've also got a full repair shop in the car so if anything goes wrong with any GB related prop, we can do repairs in the car in a hurry and get you back up and running.

I think you guys still have my phone number from Wondercon. If not, PM me as Con draws nearer ( this Con or next, or any Comic-Con for that matter ) and we'll be happy to respond and/or shuttle.

....unless it's Borzou, and then we just drive off and leave the guy stranded. ( Still feel bad about that. )
I would love to use that unfortunately the space requirements they gave us won't allow it. However If all goes as planned would you be interested in using at Wondercon next year? We've been locked into a space there again and if SDCC is a success I'm going to try to hit them up for a biggger space next year, (our 3rd year running) so if it comes to pass and you want to allow us to use it let me know! :)
By Fifthrider
cowbybill, you might be onto something. Maybe if we pool our sources? Eric and I had submitted applications for a booth that would be shaped like an "L". It would have one space 10' x 20' for the car and next to it a 10' x 10' space for a booth. The booth would have the Jeanine desk and the backdrop; the car would be next to it with inflatable Stay-Puft on top. That should make it visible from just about anywhere on the convention floor. I figured the convention administration would enjoy the photo op of having an Ecto there like so many other conventions have but they didn't even respond. We tried the same thing with Comikaze in L.A. and the Carpinelli's ( who offered us a free space that first year - our car broke down the week before ) changed their tune and now wanted us to shell out a grand for this space. ...but we're not even selling anything. It's a free photo-op and free handouts paid for from our own pockets! Geez...

Look, if you've got some kind of better "in" with Wondercon than me then yeah, by all means, count us in for whatever you can broker. Let's stay in touch.

Troy wrote:Hopefully I'll see you around SD next week, when you say you'll be cruising - I take it that you'll be in your fine looking Ecto?
You know it. I don't have a pass for Con this year ( by choice, didn't renew ) and prefer hanging out with the car. Back in 2011 I had a pass and never even went in so what's the point? I can't say exactly where or when we'll be but if you're looking for me there's a better than 50% chance that I'll be next to the old 1920's police paddy wagon with the San Diego Police Historical Society. They find some red curb and set up shop where you can come get your picture being handcuffed and stuffed in an old paddy wagon. ( Typically around Market and 5th but who knows? ) They asked me to join them and park on their red curb. Parking is tough downtown during Con, so yeah. Hanging out with the cops.
By Michael Gonsoski
It was nice come down and see you guys this past Sunday. Thanks for including me. I hope to have my pack finished sooner than later so I can attend in full uniform. Hey, if I don't get the TC kit I've been wanting to get to finish my pack I can always just throw the matty wand on my pack for the time being. I don't think I could handle walking around with cowbybill's pack again. Lol.
By Troy
As anticipated, my time on the floor/convention hall was severely limited this year. But did have a chance to (literally) run by the booth and check it out. You guys always have quite the spread, big fan of the medical cabinet. Some day I'll have my pack housed in one of those...

Fifthrider - I have videographic proof of the memorable event I texted you about. Some lovely build day soon I'll have to show you, it's pretty funny.
By Fifthrider
I'd definitely like to see that Troy. Thank you!

I ran into Casper Van Dien on Thursday and Rob Lowe on Friday, who oddly enough recognized me first and called me out by name. ( It's been 2 years, how does Rob REMEMBER fans like that?! ) But for me the highlight was meeting someone else.

A couple of years ago someone at Comic-Con took a pic of me in the Ecto and posted it on their blog with a caption "Is that Patton Oswalt driving the Ecto One?" On Friday night I pulled up to an intersection and guess who's in the SUV next to me?

So I lean out the window and tell Patton about that blog. He does a second look at me, kind of laughs and then busts out his camera phone to get a pic. "Hey look, it's me driving the Ectomobile!"
Vincenzo330 liked this
By Azevedo
Michael Gonsoski wrote:It was nice come down and see you guys this past Sunday. Thanks for including me. I hope to have my pack finished sooner than later so I can attend in full uniform. Hey, if I don't get the TC kit I've been wanting to get to finish my pack I can always just throw the matty wand on my pack for the time being. I don't think I could handle walking around with cowbybill's pack again. Lol.
Wearing his pack at a con is a rite of passage for the group.

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]