For users in: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin.
By Hoot
Yes, many have heard by now that the Toledo Mud Hens (Detroit Tigers AAA Affiliate) is hosting a Ghostbusters night.

What I wanna know is how many of us are going?

I wrote to the Mud Hens and asked them if there was any formal groups showing up and I am also asking here.
Takes place on Friday, May 30th at Fifth Third Field. 1900hrs game start

If the great Bill Murray is going to be there, then so am I.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ym ... p&sid=t512
By MadKidJedi
Oh, man.... If I can rally the troops here in Rochester NY, we might be able to make that trip. Toledo's only a few hours away...

EDIT: Okay... so nearly 6 hours away. Still... would be a BLAST.
By Hoot
Im looking at any one in the Midwest willing to make the drive. Im 2hrs away in SW Ontario and am going to make the drive.
Any Ohio Ghostbusters? Or ecto-1? Lol
Indiana? Michigan?? Report in!!!
Im thinking about going.. the glass city ghostbusters are going there but despite my many attempts to contact them and thier members they wont respond.( I heard from someone they might be like a fem group or something)......anyways I am about 3 hrs away. But like u said if bill is there so am I! No ecto as far as anyone know but mine will be there because it's my daily driver!
By Enderwigan
Hey guys, sorry I meant to give everyone a heads up about this a long time ago. My girlfriend's mom is actually the chief marketing officer for the Hens. We have been planning this for the last year, I just kept forgetting to post about it (once I was allowed to that is). Kate and I will be there as the resident Ghostbusters for Mud Hens for the night, but we hope there are a ton of local Ghostbusters that come out! I can tell you they are not planning on Bill Murray coming, but there is always a small possibility, he doesn't confirm appearances like that. We imagine it is so he avoids big swarms of people coming because he is there. We don't really expect him, but it could happen. They will be auctioning off Ghostbusters themed jerseys at the end of the game to raise money for relay for life. One of the jersey we got signed by Ernie Hudson this past weekend at comic -con. If you have not bought tickets yet for the game you should, because they are selling like crazy. Again, sorry for not letting everyone know sooner.
By Martog
Enderwigan wrote:Hey guys, sorry I meant to give everyone a heads up about this a long time ago. My girlfriend's mom is actually the chief marketing officer for the Hens. We have been planning this for the last year, I just kept forgetting to post about it (once I was allowed to that is). Kate and I will be there as the resident Ghostbusters for Mud Hens for the night, but we hope there are a ton of local Ghostbusters that come out! I can tell you they are not planning on Bill Murray coming, but there is always a small possibility, he doesn't confirm appearances like that. We imagine it is so he avoids big swarms of people coming because he is there. We don't really expect him, but it could happen. They will be auctioning off Ghostbusters themed jerseys at the end of the game to raise money for relay for life. One of the jersey we got signed by Ernie Hudson this past weekend at comic -con. If you have not bought tickets yet for the game you should, because they are selling like crazy. Again, sorry for not letting everyone know sooner.
So are we going to be allowed to come in gear then? It was not very clear on the Glass City GB's Facebook page on what was going on.
By Enderwigan
Absolutely they want as many people to come dressed as possible. They will be having a contest I believe for the fans that come dressed up. It's going to be an awesome night, so suit up! :-)
By Hoot
Hey guys

A c&p of the email response back:

Hey Matthew,

My name is Tony Bibler and I am a Special Events and Gameday Promotions Coordinator here with the Hens. I saw your email from a few days ago and I wanted to reach out and tell you, YES! We would love if you came out in full Ghostbusters gear for Ghostbusters Night! We are scheduling many special things for that night and are even looking into a Costume Parade with prizes so if you come in a full costume, you could even win a prize! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. If not, we will see you on the 30th.

Sincerely,

Tony Bibler

Gameday Promotions Coordinator

Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club
By smanchir
Wish I could be there, but I'm already helping out with the Ghostbusters Night the local minor league team here in Eastlake (Cleveland) is doing, which coincidentally also got set for the 30th!

We considered trying to change their event date, but this was the only Weekend/Fireworks day they could get us. This will be the second year in Eastlake, and if the Toledo event is anything like ours, I recommend going to one of them. Don't let an aversion to team sports get in the way; the atmosphere and excitement are worth it even if you don't understand or care what's happening on the field.

I'd also love to compare notes with anyone who participates or is involved with the other event, there might be a bit of friendly rivalry brewing after this year, but I'm sure we mostly just want to have a good time! :)
By Martog
69428scj wrote:I spoke with Tony on the phone yesterday, he asked if I was available to bring my Ecto to the game. Sadly I have a prior commitment so if anyone wants to volunteer their Ecto I'll gladly let him know!
if only had a roof rack on my Outback, I have just the logos on.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]